Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why I am fed up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by purbeckgirl purbeckgirl wrote:

In the councils defence, the government has repeatedly cut the money they are given during the past decade of austerity.
Given the staggering amount that Covid is costing I cannot see that this is likely to improve.

Yet they still find money to spend on other non essential projects such as designated cycle lanes by shutting roads and sticking up temporary flower boxes as barriers then spend more money reverting back due to it being a proven cock up!

Lower Rd!!
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Sponsored Links

Motty View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2020 at 10:25am
EmmO, Curious to know why you disagreed with my ref to US? I wasnt meaning to criticise but merely to point out their views on the way public money is spent and how we seem to follow.
Regards
Motty
purbeckgirl View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purbeckgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2020 at 10:56am
I think the cycle lane thing was a specific grant from the government that could be used for only this purpose. 
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2020 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by purbeckgirl purbeckgirl wrote:

I think the cycle lane thing was a specific grant from the government that could be used for only this purpose. 
Still our (taxpayers) hard earned money!
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2020 at 8:44pm
Agree with you purbeck girl that they lost all their central funding I believe, £80million? something like that, hence the frustration with why this is such a staunch Tory area, we keep letting them do it to us. Equally they shouldn't be wasting what funds they do have which they are on an epic scale.

Edited by EmmaO - 30 October 2020 at 8:48pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2020 at 8:47pm
Sorry Motty I missed your question! That was me typing in a hurry, I agree with what you said re America and disagree with the earlier poster that we should be more like America! That'll teach me!

Edited by EmmaO - 30 October 2020 at 8:49pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2020 at 5:05pm
So many of my friends are leaving the area because of the state of Chiltern / Bucks, so disappointing.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2020 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by watsy watsy wrote:

So many of my friends are leaving the area because of the state of Chiltern / Bucks, so disappointing.

And going where?

There seems to be a exodus towards the west country.

And I can't blame them.🥺
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2020 at 8:54am
Some are going to the West Country, but a smattering everywhere. Fed up with the rat race round here, poor roads (they are definitely the worst having occasionally cycled in a few counties this year), lower housing costs etc
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2020 at 8:56am
No brainer, if you can afford to get out.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>