Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VW Golf in bushes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VW Golf in bushes
    Posted: 02 December 2018 at 1:14pm
Hi All,

I see in the last few days someone in a gold coloured VW Golf has managed to go straight across the roundabout at the bottom of Kingsway, through the crash barrier and deep into some bushes.

Looks pretty bad, they must have really been gunning it.

Cheers

MV
Sponsored Links

LDJ View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 3:28pm
Yup - I came back from work late on friday night and it was there then - this along with the poor cyclist incident a few weeks ago makes it at least 6 crashes thru that roundabout in the last 6 months - I keep relaying this info to the council/TVP/HA and no one has any interest really in doing anything about the terrible driving/constant speeding along these stretches of A413 - very disappointing and a real shame as a drop in the speed limit from Gravel Hill thru to Tatling End along with another camera would act as a deterrent. 
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by LDJ LDJ wrote:

Yup - I came back from work late on friday night and it was there then - this along with the poor cyclist incident a few weeks ago makes it at least 6 crashes thru that roundabout in the last 6 months - I keep relaying this info to the council/TVP/HA and no one has any interest really in doing anything about the terrible driving/constant speeding along these stretches of A413 - very disappointing and a real shame as a drop in the speed limit from Gravel Hill thru to Tatling End along with another camera would act as a deterrent. 

Do you not think this was a stolen car and joy riders?

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 4:48pm
who knows if it was joyriding or not????!???!
MrsG View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 5:48pm
I think if it was a genuine accident it would have been recovered rather than leaving it in the ditch with a police sign on for a few days. My thought was it was stolen also
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 6:10pm
dare I say it its an easy roundabout to take at speed as long as you 'straight line' it (well thats what I have been tol)
LDJ View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 8:26pm
Sorry but whether it was a genuine accident or some idiot joyrider wasn't really the point - my issue (as someone who lives backing onto the 413) is that this whole stretch of road should be dealt with - I asked for a FOIA report from the Council and HA to find how many accidents they reported and also how much money had been spent on repairing the roundabout/signs/bollards/wrought ironmongery from the path and central reservation - weirdly (not) the reply was definitely missing about 80% of the crashes/damages etc - my thoughts would be that a simple camera along with potentially less cost to repair crazy damage could actually be put to some decent use like repairing the road, gritting, cleaning drains etc which of course, gets put in the 'We don't have the resources' pile.
As I say......just a thought.....
On the last Police Speed Trap which took place on a weekday lunchtime, within an hour they had clocked 8+ vehicles travelling between 90mph and 97mph - I presume NOT in a clapped out stolen old VW Golf.
Cheers

Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 8:49pm
Shows no further action is required then. Job done. 

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 8:09am
further action about that road is needed and certainly that roundabout
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 6:35pm
Nothing wrong with the roundabout, or the road. 

The Greyhound roundabout needs attention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>