Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Village Voice (a bit hoarse?!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 1:00am
Paul, I totally agree. I was in favour of having Elaine's section if it was of a factual nature of events around the village.

If Elaine is using this as a soap box for her opinions then it should be in a wider forum where we can debate and discuss.

I personally am disappointed that she has abused her position and suggest that this part of the forum is removed and put in an area where such opinions can be discussed.

Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 8:42am
I think Elaine is conveying stories, it is very difficult not to put slight oppinions in. I dont think Elaine is being controversial in her oppinions. But perhaps some threads would warrant a wider discussion. And there is no reason why we cant do this separatley...

Edited by rob - 21 March 2007 at 8:48am
timo_w2s View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timo_w2s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 9:30am
I wasn't going to say anything but I agree with Paul when I read that bit about speed kills little children...
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 9:57am
Originally posted by rob rob wrote:

I think Elaine is conveying stories, it is very difficult not to put slight oppinions in...

Then people should be allowed to use the same platform to contest those opinions.

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 10:01am

Did you write in to the paper when it was in there? Really people come on!

I've removed all viewing access from the forum for non-admin goups, so you can't see it now unless you go to www.chalfontstpeter.com/villagevoice

Congratualtions.

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Originally posted by rob rob wrote:

I think Elaine is conveying stories, it is very difficult not to put slight oppinions in...

Then people should be allowed to use the same platform to contest those opinions.

There is nothing to stop you, me or anyone starting a separate topic on the subject.

Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 11:21am
So in one thread you have opinion portrayed as fact and in another thread the response to that opinion? Why not just combine the two or have the village voice as a community noticeboard and any personal opinions on the forum?

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 11:31am
Well, you can't see it now, so don't let it bother you.

I'm sure some people liked it and could live with a little bit of editorialising from someone doing something for free and for the benefit of the community, rather than what most people do, which is sod all except complain.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 12:37pm
Well said Dan - I completely agree. Angry

Edited by watsy - 21 March 2007 at 12:38pm
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by watsy watsy wrote:

Well said Dan - I completely agree. Angry

Yeah, lets just stick to word games.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>