Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Village Voice (a bit hoarse?!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 4:18pm
Baggles, as well as the Forum, www.chalfontstpeter.com also has other sections (businesses, clubs etc) and Village Voice is now one of those. It is on here as well as having its own section on the website.
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Sponsored Links

Sarah Booker View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Booker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 2:33pm

Village Voice not in the paper?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
Feeling fond of Chalfont

Tweet with me
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Sarah Booker Sarah Booker wrote:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

No, you can now get it free on here!  Big%20smile
Fans View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 1:02pm
I'm pleased it will continue on here, I always read it in the Bucks Ad
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 1:22pm
All we need now is a property section.

LOL
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 2:11pm
affordable property????????Approve
need a stella and i need one now !
Fans View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

affordable property????????Approve

Don't be daft Wink
moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2007 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Originally posted by Sarah Booker Sarah Booker wrote:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

No, you can now get it free on here!  Big%20smile

Can someone clarify please...am I reading this right that Village Voice is no longer in the Bucks Ad???? Surely not???
Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
Jenny View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 8:27am
That is correct. They noe have a section for the Community but no individual sections for each area.
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)
Paul_G View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 11:33pm

The 'village voice' appears, IMO (naturally!) to have strayed from fact to opinion. See this thread for the original and I've reposted here for the CBB Brigade.

Originally posted by Elaine Q Elaine Q wrote:

PCSO John Webb is organising the use of SID (the speed indicator that is manned) in the village from Friday 23rd. March for one week.  This should be an effective reminder to those who inadvertantly creep over the speed limit and also make a clear point to those who whizz past and don't even try to observe it. Don't forget, speed kills and if it was your child who was hit by a speeding driver, you would know what an appalling experience that can be.

Let's run that in bits:

1 "PCSO John Webb is organising the use of SID (the speed indicator that is manned) in the village from Friday 23rd. March for one week. "

- Seems pretty factual; can't argue with the Voice.

2 "This should be an effective reminder to those who inadvertantly (sic) creep over the speed limit and also make a clear point to those who whizz past and don't even try to observe it. "

- Seems like opinion is creeping in. Something may or may not happen to 2 groups of people pigeonholed by the Voice.

3 "Don't forget, speed kills..."

- No, that's just wrong.  Sorry to be blunt, but it really is. People fly in Jumbo Jets every day at relatively high speeds compared to cars and don't die.

4 ".. and if it was your child who was hit by a speeding driver, you would know what an appalling experience that can be. "

- My child's death by any cause would be an appalling experience.  But what we have here is a remote outcome based on an incorrect fact. IMO, of course.  The emotive outcome attempts to justify a causal relationship not based on fact.

Now, my beef with what's going on is not about Elaine Q's comments.  Free speech is fine by me and actually, I don't believe there's enough of it about these days.  The problem is that in a forum (as this is entitled) opinions should be debated.  Fine if folk want a section for facts, but if facts change to opinion that can't be debated, the quality, value and relevance of the 'forum' is diminished.

IMO, naturally!

P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>