Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Village Voice (a bit hoarse?!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Village Voice (a bit hoarse?!)
    Posted: 16 February 2007 at 11:16pm
Well, it seemed to me that the opening comment in this post in said forum merited a response. 

I tried.  Result:
Error
You do not have permission to reply to posts in this forum

Not really much of a forum then,is it?

P
Sponsored Links

moggies View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moggies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 11:25pm
See what you mean, Paul. Smile

I suppose Village Voice is to give out information, as in the Bucks Ad, rather than debate ideas and points of view.

Edited by moggies - 16 February 2007 at 11:26pm
Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...
KATE View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2007 at 11:28pm
oh that elaine must be lonely chating to herself lolLOL
i am happy!! Pierre is just intoxicated
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 5:07pm

i tried to post about the latest st peter players production in village voice but couldn't....  definately a bit hoarse !

so what is the village voice all about if we cant post, is this purely elaines take on what is going on ?

need a stella and i need one now !
Grovesy View Drop Down
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 11:49pm

My understanding is that the Bucks Ad have cancelled the Village Voice, and this is an on-line replacement for that.

If you want to discuss items on it, I guess you just do it on the Forum, rather than the VV Section.

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
MARGARET MEAD
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Grovesy Grovesy wrote:

My understanding is that the Bucks Ad have cancelled the Village Voice, and this is an on-line replacement for that.

If you want to discuss items on it, I guess you just do it on the Forum, rather than the VV Section.

Correct. Village Voice is not a discussion area, it is a noticeboard and can also be viewed at www.chalfontstpeter.com/villagevoice

Elaine Quigley is the author for that section and is the only person allowed to post in it. If you have something for village voice then please PM her.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 8:47am
I think it's a good idea and hopefully will bring a few new people onto the forum who wouldn't normally join a discussion board.

Edited by Malc London - 20 February 2007 at 8:48am
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 3:29pm
DONT REALLY SEE THE POINT THEN.... ELAINE COULD JUST AS EQUALLY POST A POSTING ON THIS SITE UNDER THE NORMAL HEADING, AS WE ALL HAVE TO DO.....????
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 3:47pm
Because, posting under the main site, I wouldn't be able to extract the latest posts from the database to put at chalfontstpeter.com/villagevoice.

And also the posts would get lost amongst the churning morass of word games and Random Mundane Facts. It's used as a bulletin board, that's all.
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 4:02pm
ummmmmmm..........................
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>