Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recycling centres pricing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recycling centres pricing
    Posted: 14 March 2019 at 9:55am
Changes to household recycling centres start from 1 April 

The first of April will see the first major change to Buckinghamshire's household recycling centres for a generation.

The County Council's Cabinet made the decision in January to bring in the following changes to safeguard the future of the service against a backdrop of continually reduced funding and the need to protect other critical council services:

The sites at Aylesbury (Rabans Lane), Burnham and Chesham will close two days a week on Wednesdays and Thursdays (generally the less-busy days). 
The site at Bledlow will close at the end of March, with the nearest alternative sites at Aston Clinton or High Heavens in Wycombe. 
All sites will introduce charges for non-household waste items such as bags of rubble, kitchen units, fence panels etc. This brings us into line with many other authorities who charge for items that legally don't have to be taken for free. Domestic and green waste won't be charged for. 

Cabinet Member for Planning and Environment Bill Chapple OBE commented: "I deeply regret having to make these changes, but there really was no alternative if I was going to make the £1.2m savings required of me. Our household recycling centres consistently receive some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings of all Council services, so we were determined to keep the changes to an absolute minimum while still achieving the necessary savings.

"Since the Cabinet decisions were made, we have been busy preparing to implement the changes in time for 1 April. This is a service that most people use at some time, and I want to ensure as little disruption as possible. Even so, I know that some of the changes will take a while to get used to, and we really value your support and understanding during the transition period.

"I'm committed to ensuring that the overall service continues to meet the evolving needs of Buckinghamshire's population, and that we can continue to improve on the impressive recycling rates we already achieve."

Details can be found online at www.buckscc.gov.uk/HRC ;

For further information please contact: Graham Skeggs, on 01296 382444 or out of hours on 07825430978

How much will it cost?
Item Price (each)
Hardcore and soil 25l bag e.g rubble, concrete :£2.50
Bathroom items e.g. bath, sink : £2.50 to £10
Kitchen items e.g. worktop, cupboards : £2.50 to £7.50
Wood items e.g. door, fence panel : £2.50 to £10
Roofing materials e.g. roof felt, drain pipe : £2.50

Other  
Asbestos sheet per 1m x 1m : £3.50
Plaster and plasterboard : £6 to £7
Car or motorcycle tyre : £4

Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 3:28pm
here comes more flytipping and random burning of rubbish.... both great for the environment !

need a stella and i need one now !
GXCSP View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GXCSP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 8:22am
Good God, flytipping is going to go through the roof.

Why these "people in charge" are constantly not held accountable for some of the stupidest decisions you could make and then try pass it off as "it was forced upon me" should be a criminal offence.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 9:17am
totally agree GXCSP.... so the amount of fly tipping goes up, the council will end up clearing it up anyway...they may be able to catch one or two  criminal types who dump the stuff.... but otherwise their vehicles and staff will end up taking it to a refuse site.... so why not let the original person not transport it there in the first place ?- just bonkers....

and to say a fence panel or a door is not domestic waste is just stupid..... how many domestic dwellings do you know that dont have a door ?

if you turn up with a dozen doors... then maybe questions should be asked 

but your regular diy joe bloggs who has one door .....  really ?.... bucks cc you are stupid....and clearly the lunatics are taking over the assylum

need a stella and i need one now !
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 4:54pm
Extra charges to use the dump whilst our council tax this year has also risen.

For what?

Pot holes everywhere, dreadful refuse service, and diabolical council departments ( I am currently into my third week of waiting for a response from the Planning Enforcement office!)

What an awful council Chiltern has become.
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2019 at 10:22am
I would agree with that.  IMHO they are beyond useless and are without hope in any away and and that is being exceptionally generous
 Post Reply Post Reply