FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wartime school

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bucks Fizz View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks Fizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wartime school
    Posted: 11 April 2016 at 6:33pm
There is a Belgian lady who visits CSP occasionally and who was evacuated here during the war. She did indeed attend a school of that name and has been trying to find out where it was. No luck so far though.   
Sponsored Links

Nicky View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2016 at 3:51pm
I'm pretty sure that Gayhurst School in Bull Lane took evacuees too as boarders.
Sparkle View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2016 at 2:04pm
Thanks for all your help everyone, I shall pass it all on
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 8:00pm
I did a little more research and spoke to a young lady, who lived and still lives very close to Eleanor Road.
She says, she doesn't recall a school being opened for evacuees. However, when she was at school at "School Lane". The local kids had lessons in the morning, the "incomers" had there lessons in the afternoon.
She also suggest that " Benjamin Franklin" could have been a code name, to separate it from local kids school.

Hope this helps
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 2:14am
St. Hubert's Mansion became the war-time home of the Triangle collage, evacuated from the West End of London
Is this of any help?
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Sparkle View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2016 at 1:57pm
Does anyone know of a school which was set up during the war for evacuees, I think, Called Benjamin Franklin?
 Post Reply Post Reply