Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis Club Speeders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tennis Club Speeders
    Posted: 02 August 2013 at 8:57am
Yesterday I witnessed a young woman driving very fast along the road leading to CSP tennis club in Mill Meadow. I heard two ladies walking their dogs past the club, reprimand the woman as dogs and children were out on the playing fields and she was going so fast she would not have been able to stop if anything happened. Part of the Chiltern Way leads past the club & I've also had several near misses while walking along there.  Unfortunately it's not unusual for  tennis club members to do 20 - 25mph along that road which is far too fast, especially as i think it's got a 5mph limit. I would ask them to please slow down along that road.  A game of tennis is not worth killing for.
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
Sponsored Links

red 5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 12:48pm
We should rename this post Tennis Club Speeders - it's a big problem for anyone using Mill Meadow: children, animals, walkers... Especially when the grass on the banks is long and reduces visibility.

I emailed the tennis club politely asking if they could remind members to drive slowly - no response. I even emailed the Parish Council asking what the speed limit was and if the could put some 'slow' signs up - they said they'd look into it, then once again, no response.

Perhaps the power of the Form can do something...
Libtek View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 2:17pm
We can but hope! I don't want to wait until a child or an animal is killed for something to be done.
Weekends are a bit like rainbows. They look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
 Post Reply Post Reply