Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Exchanges

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 2:41pm
I wonder if Bucks County Council turn their office lights off at night when they go home?   hmmm.... I bet not!
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.
Sponsored Links

PCSO Brennan View Drop Down
TVP
TVP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PCSO Brennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Emma Emma wrote:

Originally posted by DanW DanW wrote:

Aren't we in one of those Special Parking Areas- or whatever it's called?Parking is no longer a police issue, it is to be dealt with by parking wardens. If they'd offer me a part-time job doing this they'd probably rake in about £1m in the first week!

My Husband says that too! I realise that it is not top crime for most people but if you spent most school walks walking in the road because of the inconsiderate drivers parking on the pavement then it would concern you too. I have a double buggy and it is impossible to walk on the pavements around the school. I am lucky that I am able to bump up and down kerbs unlike a wheelchair.

The parking is all dependent on what the driver/vehicle has done.

if the vehicle is parked in double yellow lines then it is the Councils Civil Enforcement Officers that deal with it. However, if the vehicle is parked on the kerb, parked on a corner, obstructing the highway or parked on zig zag, police can deal with these. some offenses which can incur a £60 fine and 3 points.

Chalfont Common & Central | Goldhill & Austenwood
Chiltern South NHPT
Non Emergency Number: 08458 505 505

Emma View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 8:18pm
I know you have tried to deal with this Izzy but things have not changed around the school since your last visit.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 11:12am
Originally posted by pierre pierre wrote:

I wonder if Bucks County Council turn their office lights off at night when they go home?   hmmm.... I bet not!

NEXT TIME I DRIVE PAST SOUTH BUCKS DISTRICT COUNCIL OFFICES IN TATLING END I AM GOING TO LOOK AND SEE HOW MANY LIGHTS ARE STILL ON !

I PASS NEARLY EVERY DAY- I KNOW THERE MUST BE HUNDREDS OF COUNCIL ESTABLISHMENTS IN BUCKS WITH LIGHTS ON..... GOD THIS MAKES ME MAD...
need a stella and i need one now !
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 12:00pm
One rule for us...

phisch21 View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phisch21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by PCSO Brennan PCSO Brennan wrote:

The parking is all dependent on what the driver/vehicle has done.

if the vehicle is parked in double yellow lines then it is the Councils Civil Enforcement Officers that deal with it. However, if the vehicle is parked on the kerb, parked on a corner, obstructing the highway or parked on zig zag, police can deal with these. some offenses which can incur a £60 fine and 3 points.

Can you and your colleagues come to Priory Road on a Sunday morning and ticket all the inconsiderate Catholics who park on the grass verges please?

Sparky View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 12:39pm

Edited by Sparky - 06 April 2011 at 9:13am
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 12:52pm
You don't get these problems with the CofE LOL
pierre View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 1:55pm
tobic View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 3:27am
You don't get these problems with non-church goers either Big%20smile

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>