Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Exchanges

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 6:27pm
you cannot be everywhere dave.
Sponsored Links

Wolfie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 6:54pm

I've seen these funny 'gatherings' of 2 cars in the Community Centre car park, early evening

Power to the people

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

Yeh but they re nowhere!!In the late 80s when i first moved to the area i saw the local copper every day pretty much. He knew everyone's name,what they did, where they lived.
He even knew my dogs name!

Now you see them on the beat once a blue moon.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 8:15pm
I think Jim knows everyone and what's going on......
Integra View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Integra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 10:24am
If these "exchanges"  are a concern they should, as well as the police directly,  be brought to the attention of the NAG (Neighbourhood Action Group) which works with the police on the three main issues that the public have expressed concern about locally. these are currently antisocial behaviour, speeding and parking.

Other local groups such as the Chamber of Commerce, Safety Group, Parish Council, District and County Council are all represented on the NAG.

The NAG attends Feast Day and Fun Night and had questions on the recent Parish Questionairre - so the public have plenty of opportunity for input.

Edited by Integra - 06 February 2010 at 10:25am
Integra Property Services
01753 889287
07717 295369
www.integra-ps.com
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 8:41am
there is also a NAG section on here too, but note no one has posted on it since feb 08

Edited by big baggles - 09 February 2010 at 8:42am
need a stella and i need one now !
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Integra Integra wrote:

If these "exchanges"  are a concern they should, as well as the police directly,  be brought to the attention of the NAG (Neighbourhood Action Group) which works with the police on the three main issues that the public have expressed concern about locally. these are currently antisocial behaviour, speeding and parking.

I still don't know how the NAG get to know what the public think. I know there have been "loaded" questions so they can get their agenda going, but aren't people worried about break in's and theft?

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

I think Jim knows everyone and what's going on......

yer maybe, but he's never out the office, (not his fault)

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

Yeh but they re nowhere!!In the late 80s when i first moved to the area i saw the local copper every day pretty much. He knew everyone's name,what they did, where they lived.

yep, he did, even mine....LOL
J.R. View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 2:56pm

[/QUOTE]

that sounds like John Ayrs (think thats how it was spelt...) - i'd never met him before, but he knew me, my brother and my mum !! - where we lived and what we did/what out habits where - Bloody good copper - don't see the like of that any more - he looked out for the village and always seemed to be on the spot when needed (and when not needed!!!!)
JR was ere
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>