Forum Home Forum Home > General > Out & About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Lion - Knotty Green

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Lion - Knotty Green
    Posted: 14 January 2007 at 9:08pm

Sponsored Links

Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 9:28pm
This pub had been recommended many years ago so I thought I'd give it a try. It's just past Beaconsfield new town in Knotty Green.

The first thing of note was that there were no other customers, despite it being 1.00 on a Sunday afternoon. However, I decided to stay and ordered a roast.

The food was fine, the roast potatos particularly nice, and although it was nothing special, it was a good enough meal. Perhaps some carrots might have added to the colour of the food, it looked like it was missing something.  The veg was cabbage and mashed swede.

There were a few minus points though. The decor of the pub wasn't great and the radio in the bay window seemed like something you'd expect in a transport cafe. The music was a radio station and I feel it would have been better to have piped music through the speakers.

The cutlery was wrapped in different coloured serviettes, which I thought a bit strange. I don't think it was an attempt to be artistic. The salt and pepper utensils could have done with a wipe, the pepper was all over the top and a small dish of horseradish was on the tray, but no mint sauce despite having lamb roast.

It didn't help being in an empty pub which is much bigger inside than it looks. Quite huge in fact. 

On a plus side, they have a full menu even on Sunday, so you can get sandwiches which not many places will do on a Sunday. Food served Tuesday to Sunday from noon till 9.00pm.

I dislike the banners outside the front of the pub, makes it look cheap.

It's not somewhere I would recommend purely due to the ambience of the place, I think it will feel more at home on a Friday night, crowded with drinkers, rather than being a pub for Sunday lunch.

Edited by Malc London - 14 January 2007 at 9:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply