Forum Description: News and info on whats up in Chalfont St Peter
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8605
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 10:23am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Mcoll's shutting down.
Posted By: brewski
Subject: Mcoll's shutting down.
Date Posted: 19 August 2019 at 4:17pm
Apparently shutting down in the near future.

I wonder where the post office counter will be reallocated to? , if indeed it is.🤔

-------------
Too many laws...
Too few examples...

Replies:
Posted By: dogwalker
Date Posted: 19 August 2019 at 5:53pm
Not surprising but sure it will move on to another existing shop in the village. Was it not be located up the Market Place before the current location?

Posted By: AlpinaB5
Date Posted: 19 August 2019 at 7:50pm
would this be the post office with 2 counters both open early when it’s quiet, but when it gets very busy around lunchtime for obvious reasons, they close one down because it’s lunchtime? It must be a massive surprise to them that they are busy between 12pm to 2pm everyday, so that they aren’t able to provide effective cover over the most busy time of the day. I’ve been there with about 8 people behind me, and they close one counter because it’s lunchtime. Useless. That’s my Monday rant. Shame if McColls closes though.  The rest in there do a good job.

Posted By: admarlow
Date Posted: 20 August 2019 at 12:36pm
Good news re. McColls it just attracts a load of yobs anyway as they serve underage cigarettes & alcohol. 

Posted By: MV Owner
Date Posted: 20 August 2019 at 6:06pm
McColls is definately a major eye sore with that awful vinyl covering of the windows

As for the Post Office, to me, the organisation is stuck in the past especially when it comes to the price of parcels etc.

Date Posted: 20 August 2019 at 7:07pm
I popped in an hour ago and mentioned I’d heard it was closing. The happy manager (yes him) said it had been “bought out”. So there is obviously a new business moving in rather than it being just a loss of a retail space. Let’s see.

Posted By: admarlow
Date Posted: 21 August 2019 at 10:18am
maybe M & S are spreading out? 

Posted By: Malc London
Date Posted: 22 August 2019 at 2:00pm
That would be good.

Date Posted: 23 August 2019 at 3:09pm
Nothing on Mcolls website about being sold.

Posted By: GXCSP
Date Posted: 23 August 2019 at 6:21pm
The guy working there confirmed it today. 20 stores closing.

Posted By: hissing sid
Date Posted: 24 August 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by dogwalker dogwalker wrote:

Nothing on Mcolls website about being sold.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/mccoll-close-under-performing-shops-085520235.html" rel="nofollow - https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/mccoll-close-under-performing-shops-085520235.html

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 27 August 2019 at 7:35pm
i understand the post office staff are actually mccolls employees and the post office is like a ' franchise' - will be interesting to see what will happen with the post office location, 

other mcolls in the area offer  SOME postal services  outside of normal business hours- eg evenings and on sundays etc - chalfont never did this, they were supposed to but no one bothers....

the post office is busy at times , so clearly there is some need for it .... denham green has lost its post office.... lets hope CSP can hold onto its post office...

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Date Posted: 27 August 2019 at 7:40pm
I have to say I did quite like using the Post Office at Gerrards Cross the other day.  There were plenty of staff and no queue.

I personally believe that the days of the Post Office and seperately Royal Mail and Parcelforce are numbered.

Posted By: Marie
Date Posted: 29 August 2019 at 9:59pm
With all the banks closing many people are using the banking facilities at the Post office. If the PO closes and therefore Royal Mail/parcelforce services, more reasons for locals to take their business elsewhere. Not good for the trade in CSP and sad for those that may lose their jobs. 

Date Posted: 31 August 2019 at 9:49pm
Just one point in the parcel issue, there is a Parcel Point at Chalfont News if you need an alternative. Seems to do quite well. Despite the frowns .......

Posted By: Sunray
Date Posted: 24 January 2020 at 5:55pm
Just had a chat with the manager in McColls, the rumours are true it is
closing, probably in about 3 months time, end of lease, M&S are interested
in taking it over but nothing has been agreed yet, and the Post Office is
going to move in to the Co-Op. All positive news!

-------------
Sunray

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 24 January 2020 at 7:23pm
That is great news! I was really worried we’d loose it and it’ll be a boost to co-op and the high street generally. The precinct has m and s/costa/halls to increase footfall so good to move people slightly more into the village when they visit. On that subject don’t forget to visit Judds when walking from precinct to co-op/new post office. Fantastic local butcher , great meat and lovely gents.

-------------
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)

Date Posted: 24 January 2020 at 7:25pm
that is positive, I cannot stand that green and blue window vinyl jesus wept man

Date Posted: 25 January 2020 at 12:12pm
Good News about the Post Office Franchise moving to Coop. My only comment is for the PO to have self service option like we have at most supermarkets now.

Posted By: brewski
Date Posted: 25 January 2020 at 12:15pm
Hopefully there will be a new post master too!

-------------
Too many laws...
Too few examples...

Date Posted: 25 January 2020 at 8:13pm
I know it may sound controvertial but I find the PO to be quite an arrogant organisation with their pricing.  I find I get a much better and cheaper service with parcel2go and you dont have to queue etc

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 27 January 2020 at 8:15am
That is good news about the Post Office moving to the co-op. I also read the Spar shop / Post Office is putting in a planning application to become a residential property so that would have left us without in the village.

Date Posted: 27 January 2020 at 1:44pm
The opening times are important as well. In Seer Green it is only open Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. Limited times like these would not serve the community in CSP.

Posted By: Sunray
Date Posted: 18 July 2020 at 11:23am
The latest on Mccolls , from the current manager, is that they are not closing the CSP shop, the Little Chalfont shop has been closed and therefore they are keeping CSP open.

-------------
Sunray

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 22 July 2020 at 5:34pm
That's great news, pleased to hear it, one less empty unit!

-------------
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 11 August 2020 at 1:16pm
the franchise was offered, the closing date i hear was late july, - the big question is premises, with mcolls now renewing the lease i wonder if the post office will stay or go to a new location...

i did hear of talk of it being incorporated into the co-op , but that may be just gossip

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net