URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8540
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 2:54pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: VW Golf in bushes
Posted By: MV Owner
Subject: VW Golf in bushes
Date Posted: 02 December 2018 at 1:14pm
Hi All,

I see in the last few days someone in a gold coloured VW Golf has managed to go straight across the roundabout at the bottom of Kingsway, through the crash barrier and deep into some bushes.

Looks pretty bad, they must have really been gunning it.

Cheers

MV

Replies:
Posted By: LDJ
Date Posted: 02 December 2018 at 3:28pm
Yup - I came back from work late on friday night and it was there then - this along with the poor cyclist incident a few weeks ago makes it at least 6 crashes thru that roundabout in the last 6 months - I keep relaying this info to the council/TVP/HA and no one has any interest really in doing anything about the terrible driving/constant speeding along these stretches of A413 - very disappointing and a real shame as a drop in the speed limit from Gravel Hill thru to Tatling End along with another camera would act as a deterrent. 

Posted By: Malc London
Date Posted: 05 December 2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by LDJ LDJ wrote:

Yup - I came back from work late on friday night and it was there then - this along with the poor cyclist incident a few weeks ago makes it at least 6 crashes thru that roundabout in the last 6 months - I keep relaying this info to the council/TVP/HA and no one has any interest really in doing anything about the terrible driving/constant speeding along these stretches of A413 - very disappointing and a real shame as a drop in the speed limit from Gravel Hill thru to Tatling End along with another camera would act as a deterrent. 

Do you not think this was a stolen car and joy riders?

Date Posted: 05 December 2018 at 4:48pm
who knows if it was joyriding or not????!???!

Posted By: MrsG
Date Posted: 05 December 2018 at 5:48pm
I think if it was a genuine accident it would have been recovered rather than leaving it in the ditch with a police sign on for a few days. My thought was it was stolen also

Date Posted: 05 December 2018 at 6:10pm
dare I say it its an easy roundabout to take at speed as long as you 'straight line' it (well thats what I have been tol)

Date Posted: 05 December 2018 at 8:26pm
Sorry but whether it was a genuine accident or some idiot joyrider wasn't really the point - my issue (as someone who lives backing onto the 413) is that this whole stretch of road should be dealt with - I asked for a FOIA report from the Council and HA to find how many accidents they reported and also how much money had been spent on repairing the roundabout/signs/bollards/wrought ironmongery from the path and central reservation - weirdly (not) the reply was definitely missing about 80% of the crashes/damages etc - my thoughts would be that a simple camera along with potentially less cost to repair crazy damage could actually be put to some decent use like repairing the road, gritting, cleaning drains etc which of course, gets put in the 'We don't have the resources' pile.
As I say......just a thought.....
On the last Police Speed Trap which took place on a weekday lunchtime, within an hour they had clocked 8+ vehicles travelling between 90mph and 97mph - I presume NOT in a clapped out stolen old VW Golf.
Cheers

Date Posted: 05 December 2018 at 8:49pm
Shows no further action is required then. Job done. 

Date Posted: 06 December 2018 at 8:09am
further action about that road is needed and certainly that roundabout

Date Posted: 06 December 2018 at 6:35pm
Nothing wrong with the roundabout, or the road. 

The Greyhound roundabout needs attention.

Posted By: hissing sid
Date Posted: 06 December 2018 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

Nothing wrong with the roundabout, or the road. 

The Greyhound roundabout needs attention.

Nothing wrong with either, it’s the occasional driver that need to pay attention. Both roundabouts have been there many years. Cars etc have improved with there road handling over the years. It’s the driver who is at fault. 
The roundabout is there for two reasons (A) a junction (B) to slow you down. If you can’t slow down and you go over it. It’s done it’s job. 

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Date Posted: 07 December 2018 at 5:39am
The whole section of road needs attention including both roundabouts - too many crashes, too much speeding and certainly one terrible fatality no matter where it is is one too many. I am very glad I hadn't taken my young kids over to Chalfont Park when a speeding car went straight thru the railings in the pedestrian section on the roundabout as anybody stood there would have been totally wiped out.
Everyone has the right to their own opinion quite rightly, this happens to be mine. Cheers

Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 07 December 2018 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by LDJ LDJ wrote:

Sorry but whether it was a genuine accident or some idiot joyrider wasn't really the point - my issue (as someone who lives backing onto the 413) is that this whole stretch of road should be dealt with - I asked for a FOIA report from the Council and HA to find how many accidents they reported and also how much money had been spent on repairing the roundabout/signs/bollards/wrought ironmongery from the path and central reservation - weirdly (not) the reply was definitely missing about 80% of the crashes/damages etc - my thoughts would be that a simple camera along with potentially less cost to repair crazy damage could actually be put to some decent use like repairing the road, gritting, cleaning drains etc which of course, gets put in the 'We don't have the resources' pile.
As I say......just a thought.....
On the last Police Speed Trap which took place on a weekday lunchtime, within an hour they had clocked 8+ vehicles travelling between 90mph and 97mph - I presume NOT in a clapped out stolen old VW Golf.
Cheers

AT least the person who used to do upto 150mph down there (as verified by terrified passengers) is off the streets and on remand facing a 12-15 stretch for other offences.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net