What does the biker on the Aprilia do??

Printed From: Chalfont St Peter
Category: Chalfont St Peter
Forum Name: News and Gossip
Forum Description: News and info on whats up in Chalfont St Peter
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8427
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 6:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What does the biker on the Aprilia do??
Posted By: MV Owner
Subject: What does the biker on the Aprilia do??
Date Posted: 10 February 2018 at 8:19pm
All,

Does anyone know what the biker on the black Aprilia does and where he is doing?  He rides up and down Joiners Lane at least 4 times every evening.

He is certainly not speeding but his super loud exhaust is definately illegal.  If I get his plate I'll report him to the feds

Cheers

MV

Replies:
Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 11 February 2018 at 9:44am
Hmmmm I know for a fact that dealers have kept their stashes hidden in the memorial garden in the past. Also they ve used bikes rather than cars because they ve got more chance of getting away from the police on a bike. Maybe hes going to collect bits for customers?

Date Posted: 11 February 2018 at 10:26am
I don't know Dave R, I'm not saying your wrong but I dunno mate

Posted By: Piller1
Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 7:14pm
I understand that vehicles with loud exhausts may become a problem however there comes a point where, and from previous events loud non illegal exhausts have saved life’s from people that don’t care about bikers and don’t give the time to see us.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 8:39pm
Im a biker have both Jap and Italian bikes and have never fitted an illegal exhaust.  This guys exhaust is illegal.

If a biker runs someone over and the biker has an illegal exahust fitted then the biker is not insured.

The risk of being hit is unfortunately part of riding a motorcycle

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 8:42pm
How would you know it’s illegal? If your a biker than you understand the amount of near misses are on the road with cars I believe that a loud exhaust is a good thing in ways.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 8:45pm
I have been riding 18 years and I have had one near miss on the road.  In my view its all about the mindset of the biker not that of the car driver

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 8:47pm
Saying that though I can appreciate your point that a loud exhaust is not always a bad thing.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 8:50pm
he could perhaps weaer more high visibility clothing too

Posted By: llam
Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:05pm
Police are well aware of this biker.
Ridiculous excuse for illegal anti social add on. If they make bikers safer why doesn’t everyone have one then?

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:08pm
I would hope that any biker who thinks he or she is having too many near misses seriously considers getting a car.

With all the preparation, training, forward thinking there is a degree of not being able to control the actions of others.  Its a fact that if you get on a motorcycle you need to be aware that there are serious risks.

A bit like being a sky diver I suppose

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:09pm
IM just stating a fact, many of my friends have loud exhausts, mainly for the fact that car drivers don’t see bikers all the time, so if they don’t see us at least they will be able to hear us.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:12pm
THE thing that I’m not understanding is how do you guys know it’s an illegal exhaust?

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:14pm
Absolute rubbish why don’t you try being a careful rider then cars won’t have to worry about hearing you coming from a mile away. That amount of noise in a residential area is a nuisance and will be dealt with by the police. They already have had enough complaints to take action.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:15pm
Experience and judgment,  its ridicuously loud on a ridiculously small bike.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:17pm
So does anyone know the guys number plate

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:20pm
Police have advised not to share as there are a few people who could take the law into their own hands.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:21pm
The thing is I believe I know the guy who you are going on about, however the exhaust is correctly made for that bike from an ligit company, the baffles are always in so technically it’s not an illegal exhaust.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:22pm
Mate, nonsence, its an illegal exhaust

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:23pm
and if its illegal (which Im sure it is), he is uninsured

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:23pm
How much do you wanna bet

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:25pm
I believe it’s probably you and if you believe whatever the dodgy mechanic who fitted it told you then that’s up to you but this is a residential area.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:25pm
Llam,  i think we have got to let this one go.  Some people are beyond hope

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:27pm
If it makes you feel any better my bike is red not black

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:29pm
I think you are right MV not to worry police are on the case!
Residents won’t stand for this much longer.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:35pm
Yes Rod, Id have to agree, maybe he thinks that a loud exhaust and a race replica lid will get him a snog outside McColls

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:36pm
If there is a bet on this how can we prove it Liam?

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:40pm
All I’ll bet is that he’s a jumped up kid who’s gonna get a shock when the police come knocking!
Traffic police don’t take any prisoners either if he’s uninsured or not supposed to be on L plates they’ll just seize it then and there.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 9:50pm
Exactly Llam, once his plates are known it will be an easy pinch

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 10:02pm
I MEan you can take the police to the guys house but the police have checked it before because I was there and they did nothing because it was all ligit, but I mean if you want to waist there time you guys carry on. I’m not looking to start a fight I’m just telling you the facts.

Date Posted: 12 February 2018 at 10:20pm
Regardless of whether or not the exhaust is legal the anti social noise won’t be tolerated any longer by residents. This biker clearly has no regard for anyone other than their own self.

Posted By: Chuckles
Date Posted: 13 February 2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by llam llam wrote:

Traffic police don’t take any prisoners either if he’s uninsured or not supposed to be on L plates they’ll just seize it then and there.
We don't have any TrafPol (or RPUs if you want to be proper about it) left - Thames Valley have to borrow them from Hampshire Cry

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 13 February 2018 at 10:40am
i think you may be wrong, i think TVP roads policing unit for this area is based in taplow... it may have changed location but TVP do have RPU's....

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Posted By: admarlow
Date Posted: 13 February 2018 at 11:13am
It the owner of the bike the guy who works in McColls or is that another loud (tiny) bike?

Date Posted: 13 February 2018 at 11:43am
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

i think you may be wrong, i think TVP roads policing unit for this area is based in taplow... it may have changed location but TVP do have RPU's....
TVP and Hants merged Roads, Firearms, and Dog Units back in 2012...

When did you last see an RPU?

Date Posted: 13 February 2018 at 4:39pm
last saw TVP RPU on m40 about 10 days ago near thame/ bicester junctions....

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

last saw TVP RPU on m40 about 10 days ago near thame/ bicester junctions....
Kinda my point - forty miles up the motorway a week-and-a-half ago isn't really going to have any effect locally Ouch

Date Posted: 14 February 2018 at 6:41pm
A lot of Met traffic units round here lately. Saw one in GX the other day, one on the A413 by Tesco. Are they covering?

Date Posted: 14 February 2018 at 9:43pm
I followed Aprilia rider tonight up Joiners Lane tonight, he turned right down Denham Lane and then into 'The Warren'

Date Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:04pm
Be careful MV...don't get done for stalking.

Date Posted: 14 February 2018 at 10:38pm
i didnt follow him to the warren i was going towards the spar shop

Posted By: Nobbysnuts
Date Posted: 15 February 2018 at 12:24pm
BULLsh*t

Date Posted: 15 February 2018 at 12:41pm
Funny how the spar shop is the other way 😂 you should of gone left at that junction

Date Posted: 15 February 2018 at 1:02pm

Gents, to clarify I followed him from the Grehound up Joiners Lane to the top, I didn't turn right, I turned left down Denham Lane towards the Spar Shop (1 mile away), I observed him turning right down Denham Lane towards Winkers and then he turned right into the Warren

Date Posted: 15 February 2018 at 1:05pm
and its not bull SH8t Nobby, its true

Date Posted: 15 February 2018 at 2:40pm
So you did sit there and observe him so still classed as stalking / harassment

Posted By: Bro5ersgrim
Date Posted: 15 February 2018 at 2:43pm
Well I think loud exhaust are good and safe, ridden in an Mc for 18 years and all the guys in the club have loud pipes and yes is if you can see someone then you can dam well hear them. If it’s bothers you so much you clearly know where he/she lives, from your comments above. Go have a chat with the fellow biker and talk to him/her

Date Posted: 15 February 2018 at 3:10pm
I don't know he or she lives in the Warren. 

I saw him, I didn’t watch him and I didn’t stalk or harass him. In the same way that I may see a pigeon fly over, it doesn’t mean I am harassing it.

I will speak to him if I get the chance, politeness always being key and whilst I’m a biker myself I believe it best to be lawful.

Date Posted: 15 February 2018 at 5:49pm
Well you would of had to wait at that junction for some time as it’s that close is down the road abit and that’s a busy junction as well so I dout you would off been able to sit there for a while with out p*ssing someone off, btw if your in any type of black 4 by 4 he has your number plate on his camera as they tried to knock him off last night and already has informed the police, such a tragedy that Chalfont St. Peter has got this low with it’s residences and out ragess

Date Posted: 15 February 2018 at 6:20pm
OK piller, take a deep breath and chill.

I'm a biker myself and whilst I appreciate the whole vunerabiity of being on a bike, I don't agree with an unlawful exhaust (due to it being unlawful and also if you run over anyone and kill or injure them and the Insurance Company seize the bike and investigate it for lawfullness, it will immediately become apparent that it is unlawful and they will not pay out - this is their call not the Police's).

Onto your other point.  Ive never tried to knock anyone off a bike and if the guy you 'think you know' has reported someone in a black 4 x 4 then the guy 'you think you know' done exactly the right thing and this video would prove who it is.

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 16 February 2018 at 7:59am
Welcome to the forum to our new members.

Date Posted: 16 February 2018 at 11:55am
Piller1 - not sure seeing someone is harassment or stalking....
My comment earlier was only a joke...i didn't mean for it to be taken so seriously...
It seems that you have come on to the forum to harass MV

Date Posted: 16 February 2018 at 11:59am
I think we all need to respect each other on here and each others views....
MV - if someone wants a loud exhaust to make up for small genitalia then let it's up to them...if the police deem it illegal that is their risk. There is nothing you can do to force them to change it.

Date Posted: 17 February 2018 at 9:27am
the aprilia was outside the greyhound  last night.... silent..... it was not fired up !

-------------

Date Posted: 17 February 2018 at 5:13pm
Going back to my original post though, what does Aprilia boy actually do??? he rides up and down Joiners Lane about 3 to 4 times a day.  I am a bit confused about why he doesn't go somewhere on his bike of his????? he must get bored beyong belief.  I love Thorntons chocolates, and I would love a few but I wouldnt want 100Kgs of them.   He has been up and down at leat 3 times again today.

Why doesnt he go on a track day for example

Date Posted: 17 February 2018 at 6:32pm
Well someone had to say it...its been a while

Date Posted: 17 February 2018 at 6:42pm
thats a good point, i may have to go and chat with him about his exhaust (I nearly did earlier - two guys on the bike) then they may say whats actually happening up there

Posted By: Nobbysnuts
Date Posted: 19 February 2018 at 2:05pm
There's 2 of them???

Date Posted: 23 February 2018 at 1:01pm
I see the PCSO's are in Costa between 12 and 1 on Saturday so I am going to pop in and speak to them about the Aprilia rider.  Having his plate will help

Date Posted: 24 February 2018 at 12:41am
I would also mention the ahlleged stash point for dealers at the garden of rest (referencing Dave R's comments - and he seems in the know)...we cannot have that going on in the village....i might spend some time in the bushes up there to see what goes on...spent some great times in the bushes up there in my younger days...anyway...

Date Posted: 24 February 2018 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

I would also mention the ahlleged stash point for dealers at the garden of rest (referencing Dave R's comments - and he seems in the know)...we cannot have that going on in the village....i might spend some time in the bushes up there to see what goes on...spent some great times in the bushes up there in my younger days...anyway...

I don't know about these days but I do know for a 100% fact a certain local dealer about 10 years ago kept his stuff up there.

Date Posted: 24 February 2018 at 9:07am
well he rides up and down, often late at night and early in the morning.  He also rides up and down in short time intervals.  ie rides up Joiners Lane and then down say 2-5 mins later

Posted By: lesleyr
Date Posted: 24 February 2018 at 12:17pm
Perhaps you should all leave the police work to the police. Instead of making some ridiculous accusations that none of you know are true or not. Why not just report it to the police and let them deal with it ?

Date Posted: 24 February 2018 at 12:27pm
well I havent made a ridiculous accusation, Ive just stated he rides up and down.

Date Posted: 24 February 2018 at 4:55pm
Then if it is bothering you report it every time it happens. This thread has turned into some idiotic nudge, nudge wink, wink. I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks that !! I care about the village I live in and if this is happening then it makes it a less pleasant place to live. If it is reported by you then this might be the final piece of the jigsaw for the police. They may have had other reports.

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 24 February 2018 at 9:26pm
What did the PCSOs say when you popped in today MV?

Date Posted: 24 February 2018 at 9:45pm
i didnt go into Costa Watsy but the river looks fab

Date Posted: 26 February 2018 at 9:38am
Originally posted by lesleyr lesleyr wrote:

Perhaps you should all leave the police work to the police. Instead of making some ridiculous accusations that none of you know are true or not. Why not just report it to the police and let them deal with it ?

Neither did I make any accusation! I mentioned what someone who behaved similarly did 10 years ago.

Date Posted: 26 February 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Dave-R Dave-R wrote:

Hmmmm I know for a fact that dealers have kept their stashes hidden in the memorial garden in the past. Also they ve used bikes rather than cars because they ve got more chance of getting away from the police on a bike. Maybe hes going to collect bits for customers?

Maybe he's going to collect bits for customers !! Sounds like an accusation to me. As informed as you may think you are if this is the case then the police should be informed and alerted to the fact.

Posted By: GXCSP
Date Posted: 26 February 2018 at 1:59pm
It's turned into the yapping dog thread.

I don't think villages are for you, you need to live in a remote area with no noise!

Date Posted: 02 March 2018 at 9:24pm
I think my neighbour has an illegally loud lawn mower...what shall I do?

Posted By: GXCSP
Date Posted: 03 March 2018 at 1:15pm
Is this aprilla thing a Honda , I don't know a thing about bikes

Date Posted: 04 March 2018 at 12:32pm
Yawn !!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net