Forum Description: News and info on whats up in Chalfont St Peter
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7660
Printed Date: 19 March 2024 at 3:22am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Where's Tony Bickmore?
Posted By: Rich Kid
Subject: Where's Tony Bickmore?
Date Posted: 01 May 2014 at 7:35pm
What's happened to Tony Bickmore an ex-Chalfontite who used to post from Australia? Anyone know?

Replies:
Posted By: hissing sid
Date Posted: 01 May 2014 at 8:48pm
I think you maybe talking about Tobic.

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Posted By: Garry
Date Posted: 01 May 2014 at 9:15pm
I am friends with him on Facebook and he posted on there just the other day, I will see if I can find his post and the date.

Date Posted: 01 May 2014 at 10:27pm
Garry, tell him that Ray Savage & Ray Lincoln were asking after him.

Posted By: hissing sid
Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Garry Garry wrote:

I am friends with him on Facebook and he posted on there just the other day, I will see if I can find his post and the date.

Really, I'm glad to hear it. Thanks Garry

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Posted By: tobic
Date Posted: 07 May 2014 at 8:00am
Hi Folks, what a coincidence I log on today and see this topic.
I am well thanks, I have been spending my time in Second Life, its an interactive game online and is very addictive lol.
Life goes on here in Western Australia, still playing my lawn bowls and enjoying it.
Feeling older, lol, will be 72 in August.
If any old friends wish to friend me on FB I go under my real name ie  Tony Bickmore
RK, please give my regards to the two 'Rays', i remember our good times in the 1950's well..........
I promise I will show my face on here a bit more often 

-------------

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:21am
good to have you back tobic !

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Date Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:24am
I notice you still need your Stella, Baggles, smiles, its good to be back !

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by tobic tobic wrote:

RK, please give my regards to the two 'Rays', i remember our good times in the 1950's well..........

I will. Not so much the 50's more the 60's, Burtons, Uxbridge. Remember the regular bands, Brian Poole & the Tremeloes, Tony River & the Castaways, Cliff Bennett & the Rebel Rousers? How Uxbridge has changed since those days!

Posted By: Dvr22999874
Date Posted: 14 May 2014 at 12:11am

The name Tony Bickmore rings bells with me and we may have known each other 'way back when'. I was a seaman in the Merchant Navy and was also a good mate of Paul Neville and we were just about inseparable whenever I was home on leave. Every pub was our local and we made the round many times.

Maybe you remember me Tony (I am sure you will remember Paul *smile*). If so, I would like to hear from you. I am now living in Qld on the Sunshine Coast and, like you, enjoying life.
Good Luck
Rob Stafford

-------------
The Drunken Sailor

Date Posted: 14 May 2014 at 5:06am
I remember Paul Neville well, cannot put a face to Rob Stafford though the name rings a bell in my far distant past.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2014 at 6:02am
Sent you a PM, Rob..............

-------------

Posted By: Sue Windsor
Date Posted: 12 February 2021 at 4:37am
hi just asking a random question. Are you the Rob Stafford who was friends with Paul who lived at the flat over the Bee Research in Chalfont St Peter?

Date Posted: 12 February 2021 at 4:39am
Rob. I think it is you Paul’s name is Neville. 😊 Sue

Posted By: AlpinaB5
Date Posted: 13 February 2021 at 2:41pm
I’ve seen Paul Neville a couple of times this week and he is doing well. I’ll make sure he knows you’re all thinking of him. He’s not able to access the site in his mobile as he’s still got one with A and B buttons😜

Date Posted: 13 February 2021 at 2:54pm
hi there, thank you.  I havnt seen him or Rob for about 40 years.  I’ve just moved back to the uk saw this site and thought just by chance I would post...I used to call him my big “Bruv” 😊
Thanks you again. Sue

Date Posted: 14 February 2021 at 2:33pm
Has Tony B posted in recent times? Trust he is keeping well.

Date Posted: 14 February 2021 at 3:09pm
Hi Rob
Do you remember me...Sue Windsor. You me and Paul Neville used to be rum drinking buddies back in the 1960.s in chalfont St. Peter. I’ve just moved back to the uk and thought it would be fun to re-connect. Sue

Posted By: AlpinaB5
Date Posted: 20 February 2021 at 12:57pm
I caught up with Paul Neville earlier and showed him the above exchange. He was absolutely delighted to see people asking about him. He certainly remembers the days of rum in the 1960s and sends his best wishes.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net