Subject: New format
Date Posted: 31 July 2013 at 5:03pm
Like it...Big smile

-------------
stop HS2.

Replies:
Posted By: Piglet
Date Posted: 31 July 2013 at 5:05pm
Me too - I've really missed the Forum while it's been "off air".  I always look forward to logging on and checking the gossip!  It's a great asset to the village - thanks to all who keep it going.

Posted By: Paul_G
Date Posted: 31 July 2013 at 9:46pm
Adverts are annoyingly conspicuous.

Oh, and I had to 'submit' to the forum rules before I could post. Great - NOT!

p

Posted By: Walrus
Date Posted: 31 July 2013 at 10:13pm
Well if we all contributed about £2 a year then I'm sure all the ads could go.

-------------
Is back in the game! :)

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 10:47am
watsy pays  to keep the forum alive,   dont knock it, he does this at his personal expense.....

i agree with walrus... if we all chipped in  watsy would not be out of pocket and the forum could continue.....

i know there used to be a ' donate' option via paypal....

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:10am
The Paypal buttons won't be returning as they didn't work.  I'll re-look at the advertising in the near future but have other things to do at the moment.
Constructive criticism welcome as this was a large upgrade from the previous version - prefer it not to be derogatory and patronising please. "Great - NOT!" does not fit with the former more the latter.
Also noticed Chalfont Snapper image is missing now - was this missing before?

Posted By: Piglet
Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:12am
Watsy - many people have negative reactions to change without considering the work that has gone into making that happen - I stick by my earlier comment that it is a great facility for the village to have and am grateful for all the hard work that goes into it.

Posted By: EmmaO
Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:50am
Agree with Piglet, really enjoy the forum and if ad's are the necessary evil to help it continue then so be it! We'll soon not even notice them!!:) I would be happy to contribute so Watsy doesn't carry all the cost.

Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:53am
Whats a search robot??? And I do miss seeing who todays visitors have been but otherwise I think it's a great new layout.

Posted By: oldchris
Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 12:33pm
What adverts, cannot see any, Must be my adblock.

-------------
stop HS2.

Posted By: Paul_G
Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by watsy watsy wrote:

Constructive criticism welcome as this was a large upgrade from the previous version - prefer it not to be derogatory and patronising please. "Great - NOT!" does not fit with the former more the latter.

Was meant to inform rather than offend - but pointedly rather than meekly. "Submitting" to anything, yet alone mere forum rules is best avoided IMO. A very poor choice of words.

P

Posted By: Anita
Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 4:08pm
Great new forum format but where is the active button telling you all new comments?

Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 5:15pm
Hi Anita, if you scroll to the bottom of the first page (forum header page, don't know what you'd call it!!), down to where it shows you who's logged on, there is a section showing all active topics and latest posts.

Posted By: Sweet Pea
Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 9:52pm
It looks good and its great that someone organises this.  It's a great asset to the village and to living here.  I dont know who other people are on the forum but I enjoy hearing everyone's views and imagining what you are all like! 

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 01 August 2013 at 10:27pm
we did a forum get together in the white hart many years ago.......

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Posted By: Butterfly
Date Posted: 02 August 2013 at 9:52am
It looks very nice. Thank you for all your hard work and I certainly missed it while it was gone. I am sure I will get used to it, I just do not adjust to change very well. 
I used to like the option to see newest posts first.  That was very useful when a topic went  go on and on. Maybe I just haven't found it yet lol!!! LOL

Posted By: hissing sid
Date Posted: 02 August 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Butterfly Butterfly wrote:

It looks very nice. Thank you for all your hard work and I certainly missed it while it was gone. I am sure I will get used to it, I just do not adjust to change very well. 
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">used to like the option to see newest posts first.</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;"> </span> That was very useful when a topic went  go on and on. Maybe I just haven't found it yet lol!!! LOL

I also was going to mention this.
On the classic view, there is a little arrow on the extrem right. That links you you to the last post.
I haven't found a way of getting to the last post on the mobile view.

Otherwise, it's very nice, neat and tidy. Thank you to all involved.

-------------
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net