Forum Description: News and info on whats up in Chalfont St Peter
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6786
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 8:25am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Catnappers!
Posted By: allmylife
Subject: Catnappers!
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 12:47pm
I'm just putting this message out as a waring to all cat owners on the Gold Hill Common side of the village. I would dearly like to be more precise on exact area but will refrain at the moment.

Our dearly loved male cat is 12 years old and sadly has lymphoma. We know that we don't have him for very much longer and will have him put to sleep before he suffers.

My daughter is a vet nurse and so he is receiving the very best of treatments and on a special expensive food to try and keep him as well as possible for as long as possible.

For a while we have had a suspicion that someone else was feeding him, but this has been confirmed over the weekend, and despite having a couple of telephone conversations with the people doing this they refuse to stop and openly admit to having him in their home on a regular basis. In their own words he was happily sleeping on their bed again yesterday. In fact my daughter drove to their house and politely asked them to stop feeding him and encouraging him in and they would not give him back to her as " he was asleep"!

Emotions aside, their actions are shortening his lfe and they are denying us the pleasure of his company for the last few weeks/months of his life.

I have tried to reason with them, but they selfishly state that they couldn't stop feeding him now as he wouldn't understand!

I am at my wits end, and have now decided that every time I call him and he doesn't come I will be on their doorstep asking if he is there. If he is he will most certainly be going home with me.

They also admitted to me that they feed another cat, a black and white one from the same area, so I may even put some posters up warning others.

If these people so want to feed and care for a cat why don't they get their own from a rescue centre, after all there are hundreds of beautiful cats looking for a home.

Leave ours alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry

-------------
A dog is for life not just for Christmas

Replies:
Posted By: jdp80
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:25pm
It's theft. You can always call the police if they refuse to return him to you. You might have to be persistent, but they have no legal right to refuse to give your cat back. But, stopping him going there will be tricky. Good luck.

Posted By: allmylife
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:34pm
Hi and thanks for your message.

I have had 2 conversations with TVP so far andf their take on it is that as they eventually let him out again and he returns home it is not technically theft and therefore there is nothing that can be enforced.

I won't give up though. The alarming thing is that these people are not the brightest and thought he was female!

I'm now concerned for the owners of the black and white cat they are feeding too.

The vets at my daughter's practise was going to give them a call this afternoon but I fear she will meet with the same ignorant and pushy attitude that I have.

-------------
A dog is for life not just for Christmas

Posted By: rizzo
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:59pm
When I saw the post heading I thought it was going to be about having as kip in the afternoon, which I do by the way.

Posted By: pierre
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:44pm
Fill your cat up with a haddock vindaloo and let nature take its course. They may be less willing to feed it in the future.

-------------
Perveyor of crap knob jokes since 2007.

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 9:57pm
Our cat once pinched my chicken vindaloo - couldn't believe it!
He also wanders round pinching all the other cats food and is very fat - took us ages to work out why he wasn't losing weight on his dried biscuit diet...
Funnily enough he also has lymphoma and keeps being sick everywhere - suprised if that doesn't put them off (especially if its haddock vin da loo...)

Posted By: Bucks Fizz
Date Posted: 23 May 2012 at 3:27pm
This is clearly breaking your heart, allmylife, but of course the cat is chiefly to blame. Cats don't 'belong' in the sense that dogs do. Moggies are not noted for their fidelity. Nobody ever really 'owns' a cat. A friend of mine 'owned' a cat for many years and used to swap cat tips with her 'cat owning' neighbour over in the next street (their gardens were connected at the bottom of their gardens). They were chatting over the fence one day when my friend's cat appeared and her neighbour apologised for the fact that HER cat was trespassing. Turns out they'd been sharing the same cat for years! Maybe you could ask the cat's other foster family if they would chip in for the vet's fees?    

Posted By: Annoying Jamie
Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:18am
Allmylife im afraid you need to be a bit more firm then just having your daughter pop round and ask them to stop. You need to go round and tell them to stop or else!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net