Topic: El Boncena
Posted By: Yorkie
Subject: El Boncena
Date Posted: 25†February†2010 at 6:28pm

Is it worth a visit? Question

Replies:
Posted By: Pants 2 Tight
Date Posted: 25†February†2010 at 9:46pm
Well it's not an Indian so I'll be going at some point regardless of any reviews (good or bad). 

Posted By: oldchris
Date Posted: 25†February†2010 at 10:58pm
they do currys...LOL

Posted By: Malc London
Date Posted: 01†March†2010 at 1:22pm
Make sure you book. It's not a big restaurant and is obviously going to be popular.

Posted By: bassoongb
Date Posted: 01†March†2010 at 8:58pm
So popular in fact that it wasn't open. We strolled along earlier this evening and despite the quoted opening hours (Monday-Saturday 18:00 to 23:00) it was resolutely shut at 19:45. Anyone else been?

Luckily plan B was a delicious prawn hot and sour soup prepared indoors with consumate skill and haste!

-------------
Bassoon on the Hill

Posted By: Lollipop
Date Posted: 01†March†2010 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by bassoongb bassoongb wrote:

...despite the quoted opening hours (Monday-Saturday 18:00 to 23:00) it was resolutely shut at 19:45...

You're not the only one to have been sorely disappointed by the sight of a dimly lit, empty and locked tapas bar during the advertised opening hours.

Having escaped to Spain a few days before the advertised opening party date (19th Feb), I returned to these chilly shores with the hope of continuing to enjoy tapas.

Did I get the opening date wrong or is it a case of Thumbs%20Down?

-------------
... for the peace of my years in the long green grass ...

Date Posted: 03†March†2010 at 1:17pm
Had a reply to my enquiry and all is up and running and open during the times on the door.

Looking forward to giving it a go Smile

http://www.elboncena.co.uk/ - http://www.elboncena.co.uk

Date Posted: 03†March†2010 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Malc London Malc London wrote:

... and all is up and running and open during the times on the door.

Erm, I beg to differ.  I have stood outside a firmly locked door and empty restaurant during the opening times on the window. 

But, in the spirit of supporting new businesses in the village, I shall gird my loins and try again - perhaps on a warmer evening so that I'm not frozen half to death if they've not bothered to open up!

MaŮana...

-------------

Posted By: bassoongb
Date Posted: 03†March†2010 at 1:54pm
Strangely, the opening times don't seem to appear anywhere on the website at all (or perhaps I'm being blind).

-------------
Bassoon on the Hill

Posted By: Number42
Date Posted: 09†March†2010 at 8:05am
Not an encouraging start then, but hopefully just start-up glitches.
I'll certainly try it - if it's open.
Has anyone actually eaten there yet?

-------------
That's the answer - what's the question?

Posted By: J.R.
Date Posted: 09†March†2010 at 8:45am
it was open when i drove past early saturday evening - but it did look empty.

-------------
JR was ere

Posted By: DogChops
Date Posted: 09†March†2010 at 2:35pm
...they were leaflet dropping in Seer Green yesterday.

Posted By: tesla
Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 9:41am
If your thinking about going to El Boncena read this !!  Avoid it like the plague. Cramped, over-priced, no atmosphere, cheap refurb, fast-food feel to it, rushed, too salty (i'm still gulping bottles of water two days later !). The food was o.k.....just. Some of it was hot and some was cold. Very salty food & I do know the meaning of tapas/meze but when you get 3 x malteser sized meatballs for a fiver it makes you wonder is it all worth it ! The restaurant is so cramped there was a 2 inch gap between tables and you have to walk in a big circle to the front door almost to go to the toilets. The ceiling reminds me of sitting in an office, no effort to remove the false ceiling or even change the commercial light fittings that are unsightly. No where near the excellent refurb at Tripti. The waiter was inpatient and snappy, he was removing & cleaning your table whilst you are still eating from other plates. One last thing.....a bottle of corona at £4.00 a pop really took the biscuit, club prices on drinks ? El Boncen it and no thanks !

-------------
bouncebackability......

Posted By: brewski
Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 1:28pm
Seems like the message in the above post has got around, every evening this place seems to appear more & more emptier.

Looks like they've missed a trick.

Shame, we will have to put up with 2 crap/overpriced curry houses and one average one (Spice).Unhappy

Great.Stern%20Smile

-------------
Too many laws...
Too few examples...

Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 2:21pm
I think Tripti is o.k. What's the best indian around here ? what's the general opinion ?

-------------
bouncebackability......

Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 2:35pm
Spice, in the village but Maliks and Barwarchi in GX are by far the best.Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Too many laws...
Too few examples...

Posted By: Wolfie
Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 5:46pm
Oh perlease, how many times have we had the 'what's the best curry house in CStP' topic on this forum.   Give it a rest.

-------------

Power to the people

Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 6:00pm
o.k, o.k as you can see i'm a newcomer...so what's the best pub ?

-------------
bouncebackability......

Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 6:03pm
Depends on what you like in a pub?

-------------
Too many laws...
Too few examples...

Posted By: smartso
Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 6:39pm
EL  BONCENA  WOW!!!  what a fabulous evening we had in this Restaurant last night.Food was great and so was the service and cost.
I eat out a lot ......more concerned by food than office ceilings.
I think tesla should go to Gordon Ramseys Maze unless she is connected to the indian Restaurants.

Posted By: tracy
Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 7:50pm
well all i can say is that i had a lovely time at el boncena last weekend, it was good with the music,and the staff were great!! I orded meat balls and thay was not small at all??There was 5 big meat balls,with source!!And who cares about the ceiling?? as long as the food is great and the service i dont mined.Which it was great.when i was there thay where turning people away.i was glad i booked early!! I will go there again no doubts about it!!!

-------------
tracy

Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by tesla tesla wrote:

If your thinking about going to El Boncena read this !!  Avoid it like the plague. Cramped, over-priced, no atmosphere, cheap refurb, fast-food feel to it, rushed, too salty (i'm still gulping bottles of water two days later !). The food was o.k.....just. Some of it was hot and some was cold. Very salty food & I do know the meaning of tapas/meze but when you get 3 x malteser sized meatballs for a fiver it makes you wonder is it all worth it ! The restaurant is so cramped there was a 2 inch gap between tables and you have to walk in a big circle to the front door almost to go to the toilets. The ceiling reminds me of sitting in an office, no effort to remove the false ceiling or even change the commercial light fittings that are unsightly. No where near the excellent refurb at Tripti. The waiter was inpatient and snappy, he was removing & cleaning your table whilst you are still eating from other plates. One last thing.....a bottle of corona at £4.00 a pop really took the biscuit, club prices on drinks ? El Boncen it and no thanks !

because people have the funds to set up a restaurant, doesn't mean they can run one, most go out of business within 12 month's.

Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by oldchris oldchris wrote:

Originally posted by tesla tesla wrote:

because people have the funds to set up a restaurant, doesn't mean they can run one, most go out of business within 12 month's.

Posted By: MarkD
Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 9:51pm
I look forward to reading a review from someone who hasn't joined the forum on the same day - I wouldn't dream of questioning the authenticity of the 3 posters on this thread (although I'm dying to ask whether smartso and tracy have different IP addresses...), but it's difficult to assess the reliability of comments from people who've never posted here before!

Posted By: watsy
Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 10:01pm
Ah, its good to see a thread with lots of new people keen to contribute - Mark, I cannot believe you are being so cynical ...

Wonder if Admin has looked up the IP addresses

Date Posted: 10†March†2010 at 10:51pm
i have got my own id thank you very much?? all i was saying was that iv been there and its great!! it makes a change from a indian.check it out your self?? and you will no then.some one dont like them?? lol...

-------------
tracy

Posted By: Samantha
Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 8:32am
Am I doing the right thing ?
Are you guys for real !
Have read all your comments, decided to try for myself.
Phoned El Boncena to make a booking for Friday or Saturday and they are fully booked both evenings.
Maybe a lot of people are on wind ups....................possible eh?

Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Samantha Samantha wrote:

Are you guys for real !

I definitely noticed myself in a mirror earlier.

... El Boncena ... are fully booked both evenings.

Well.  I go past there a lot but only during the day, when they've most definitely been 100% empty.  Maybe I was 'unlucky' in turning up on the one night when they'd chosen to leave their tables unlaid and lock the door to keep their eager customers out????  

Maybe I should've tried a Friday or Saturday to experience the delights of being turned away. 

While I'm on a roll, I don't get this "phone and book" lark - tapas should be spontaneous lingering imho, but now I'm being unreasonable.

Their fish selection looks go though.  Very tempting.

-------------

Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 9:33am
"While I'm on a roll, I don't get this "phone and book" lark - tapas should be spontaneous lingering imho, but now I'm being unreasonable"

not being unreasonable - just in the wrong country - but i agree - tapas (whilst i'll probably will visit El Boncena) is a snack to have whilst enjoying a beer IMHO.

-------------
JR was ere

Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 10:37am

Sorry Lollipop and others.I`ve moved to this village to be part of the community and I think one should not judge unless you have first hand experience. The whole part of village life is to work as one and help and support local business. I love Indian food and Chinese and this new Restaurant seems a good thing for the village. Why not get more information from El Boncena so we all know the opening hours and what their plans for the future is.Yet again if OLDCHRIS can stop being so negative they might last more than 12months.

Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 11:07am

Im  back again

After reading tesla`s report ( in depth )on the experience at El Boncena, does tesla really think we are so stupid to believe the comments made.
No one in there right mind would waste time and energy (especially on a first visit to this site )trying to put down El Boncena unless they are rivals or got nothing better to do.

Well I think you have been caught out tesla.

Lets please move on

Im popping down to the village now to see if this restauant is open.

Posted By: smartso
Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 12:43pm
Hey  Samantha I think your right

I eat out alot and as you most probebly already know, forget about the service ,the cost ,the food ....all this can be glossed up.

The real test is how clean is the kitchen and where the food is prepared.
Three of us last week dined out at a restaurant in Denham  no  names  and we all had food poisening the day after......thankfully it didnt last long. Lets ask our local restaurants to offer the customers an insight into the kitchen.   I want to know how and where my food is made.

Posted By: Number42
Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 1:53pm

Sorry Lollipop and others.I`ve moved to this village to be part of the community and I think one should not judge unless you have first hand experience. The whole part of village life is to work as one and help and support local business. I love Indian food and Chinese and this new Restaurant seems a good thing for the village. Why not get more information from El Boncena so we all know the opening hours and what their plans for the future is.Yet again if OLDCHRIS can stop being so negative they might last more than 12months.

I'm with Samantha on this. Clap

Well, I'm not, but I might like to be!!

Give it a try - I will - if I can get in!

-------------
That's the answer - what's the question?

Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 6:19pm

NUMBER42

The answer to your question is..........
yes I will go out with you

Can you post a picture of yourself.

Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 6:55pm
El Boncena is brilliant, go and judge for yourselves, love the place!

Posted By: Wolfie
Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 7:44pm
You know they say you should be very wary of who you are chatting to on forums and social network sites Samantha.

-------------

Power to the people

Date Posted: 11†March†2010 at 8:06pm
Good point wolfie

Got a little excited.................sorry

Date Posted: 12†March†2010 at 8:47am
Have I hit a sore spot sam ? why sooooooooooooo defensive and protective ??? I eat out at least 3 times week & enjoy all types of food. I can only reflect on my experience, which was rubbish. Hopefully I have put off a lot of people because my reviews are very acurate and broad, relating to the majority dinners. If like me, dinners wish to get what they pay for then they would do well to avoid El Boncena.......If I have stopped just a few people from a nightmare experience then it is worth the while.

-------------
bouncebackability......

Posted By: phisch21
Date Posted: 12†March†2010 at 11:26am
what is this all about? grow up

I'll be trying it out soon. Always best to form your own opinions I think

Posted By: Anita
Date Posted: 12†March†2010 at 12:12pm
AngryDont you love people who pass comment on eating places but dont have the balls to put their real name Angry

Date Posted: 12†March†2010 at 12:38pm
everyone is welcome to their opinion. I'll keep an eye on this to see other reviews over the next few weeks. Hopefully el boncena can improve, would be nice to have a decent restaurant other than an indian.

-------------
bouncebackability......

Posted By: Emsy
Date Posted: 16†March†2010 at 9:50pm

We were looking for a restaurant for lunch on Saturday and would have tried Boncena if they had some sort of lunchtime set menu or special offer.

Some of the posts on this thread are a bit suspect, but I will definitely try the restaurant for myself at some point. I will be interested to see if it is better than a) the one in GX and b) La Tasca (where the food is good and you can often get a 50% off voucher).  

-------------
A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.

Date Posted: 17†March†2010 at 9:58pm
YumMEEE.  Yes, it's a bit pricey but, if you go expecting that, the food's good quality and I was delighted with everything I ordered. 

I did make a small complaint about the wine being served, bottle pre-opened, without the offer of a taste first.  Initially, my small complaint was brushed off with "we're not some high class restaurant" but this was followed up with "we'll remember you"

oo-errr

"and will uncork your wine at the table".

So, on balance, a thoroughly enjoyable experience.  Interestingly, the blonde appeared to have the brains - no offence to the others present :>)

-------------

Posted By: timo_w2s
Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Lollipop Lollipop wrote:

I did make a small complaint about the wine being served, bottle pre-opened, without the offer of a taste first.† Initially, my small complaint was brushed off with "we're not some high class restaurant" but this was followed up with "we'll remember you" oo-errr "and will uncork your wine at the table".

Actually I'd say that should be quite a big complaint. I don't think I remember any restaurant, no matter how "cheap," bring an open bottle of wine to the table unless it's a house wine or something.

-------------
Who is General Failure and why's he reading my hard disk?

Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 11:39am
There seems to be a common theme surrounding El Boncena. After following these posts I realised that there is a conception from customers and El Boncena that the restaurant is 'not high class' and if we want value for money we should 'go to Gordan Ramsey's'. However, El Boncena seem to defend their high scale prices in a low scale shop/cafe. If you are not 'high class' then do not charge high prices. Each item on the menu was £2.00 too much in my view. 'A casual place to just pop in and eat'  sounds good......if you've got a spare £65.00 floating in your pocket!

I just think this is a novelty which is exploiting a wealthy area, if it had the wow factor which comes from atmosphere, decor, food, price & service then I think it would survive, unfortunately it lacks all these attributes. I mean you could spend £65.00 at the 'Hand & Flowers' in Marlow which is in a different league than El Boncena, of course it's in Marlow & not local but El Boncena has missed a great opportunity by being a bit greedy I'm afraid.

-------------
bouncebackability......

Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 1:35pm
Does Tesla have a hidden agenda with this resturant as I dont understand the vitriolic comments made here especially as no one knows who she isConfused

Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by timo_w2s timo_w2s wrote:

Originally posted by Lollipop Lollipop wrote:

I did make a small complaint about the wine being served, bottle pre-opened, without the offer of a taste first.  Initially, my small complaint was brushed off with "we're not some high class restaurant" but this was followed up with "we'll remember you" oo-errr "and will uncork your wine at the table".

Actually I'd say that should be quite a big complaint. I don't think I remember any restaurant, no matter how "cheap," bring an open bottle of wine to the table unless it's a house wine or something.

watered down...LOL

Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 1:57pm
my feeling exactly - and whats the hand and flowers got to do with it i don't know - totally different eating experience.... El Boncena is a tapas bar/restaurant - Lollipop we know on here - I'll take those comments alot closer to heart.

-------------
JR was ere

Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by J.R. J.R. wrote:

Lollipop we know on here - I'll take those comments alot closer to heart.

Eek, then it might help if I added to my late night whining by commenting about the service (a little bit clunky round the edges, but that'll smooth out with practice) and food (superb, if a little pricey, but we were expecting that after comments on here).

We came away having spent £60 between 2 (+ tip) - but then we ate and drank quite a bit and left feeling comfortably full Smile

In fact, I have no hesitation in recommending any of the dishes we had:

complimentary bread and dipping tomato/garlic sauce + olive oil + balsamic vinegar
mixed olives (c. 30 olives, maybe more)
chilli prawns (6 nice & juicy tigers)
sardines (two, perfectly cooked)
patatas bravas (enough for two)
tortilla (very tasty)
baby octopus (ditto)
cured meats (selection of 6)

Oh, 2 x San Miguel beers and the aforementioned £22 bottle of wine - which was what it said on the label, but I'd have preferred to have seen it opened.

Will we go back?  Probably.  The dishes were as much as I'd want to eat of anything.

Would I recommend it?  Yes, but not necessarily for a reasonably priced meal.  There's a good range of vegetarian dishes and it was only the octopus that caught gluten-free me out by arriving lightly battered.

-------------

Posted By: DanW
Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Anita Anita wrote:

Does Tesla have a hidden agenda with this resturant as I dont understand the vitriolic comments made here especially as no one knows who she isConfused

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - just like the husband and wife team who joined within minutes of each other and posted positive comments with the same IP address.

-------------
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.

Posted By: Bryan Goozee
Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 4:30pm

Firstly can I congratulate all the people involved with the Construction and Management of this great site. It truely serves its purpose.

As owner of this new Restaurant this Forum allows me to monitor your comments and if any changes can improve our food or service it can only help all of us.

As it seems we all agree, it is nice to have a change and Tapas certainly gives you that.It takes a little getting used to but its a great way to dine.

We use Birrings for our vegtables, Halls for our Bread and Judds for our meat all of whom are based in Chalfont St Peter.

All our dishes are cooked to order and are fresh. Sauces are made in house as well.

I live in the village, love the village and think we should all work together to promote this great village.

If I can be of help to anyone, please feel free to contact me on 01753 890955.

BY THE WAY......you was nearly there re the name and if any one solves it they get a FREE meal for two !!!!!

Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by DanW DanW wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - just like the husband and wife team who joined within minutes of each other and posted positive comments with the same IP address.

For the avoidance of doubt, my fellow diner also thoroughly enjoyed our meal (yes, I let him have some - this 'sharing' lark's good, isn't it?), but won't be posting a review of the same meal.  But he's pointed out an error in my menu listing - there were 4 types of cured meats, not 6.

Originally posted by Bryan Goozee Bryan Goozee wrote:

We use Birrings for our vegtables, Halls for our Bread and Judds for our meat all of whom are based in Chalfont St Peter.

But where do you get your shellfish, fish and cured meats from?

Your chef deserves high praise indeed.  Not everyone can cook such a range of food so well, especially sardines, which are easily mullered.

In fact, the sardines were so good, we could eat the bones ... I don't suppose that counts as a clean bone...

-------------

Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 5:22pm
Great response from El Boncena !, I like what you've said & the fact you can point out that all your produce is fresh & local. This information & other comments made by customers may have swayed me to have another go....in the future,  once the teething problems have gone. Good luck & I hope it is a success.

-------------
bouncebackability......

Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 11:09pm
well all i can say again!! iv been there again tonight and it was even better than last time. well done el boncena!!Smile

-------------
tracy

Date Posted: 18†March†2010 at 11:29pm
wow, cook a sardine, thats hard......funny.

Date Posted: 19†March†2010 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Bryan Goozee Bryan Goozee wrote:

BY THE WAY......you was nearly there re the name and if any one solves it they get a FREE meal for two !!!!!

does it mean "The Good Dinner" ?

-------------
JR was ere

Date Posted: 19†March†2010 at 10:05am
Ah the wonders of babelfish (other on line translation services are available!)

Date Posted: 19†March†2010 at 5:03pm

wow, cook a sardine, thats hard......funny.

But I don't particularly like sardines - I eat them to feel virtuous - and it IS difficult to cook a sardine so that it's well enough done to be able to eat the bones (though being fresh helps), but not so well done that the flesh is dry.

In my opinion.

If you're wondering why I torture myself thus, it's because I work on the theory that there's no point in eating something in a restaurant that you eat all the time at home - you're almost bound to be disappointed if you order your mother's speciality dish cooked by a stranger.

In my opinion.

-------------

Date Posted: 19†March†2010 at 9:43pm
Booked in for next Saturday evening, looking forward to the food, service and a nice bottle of UN-OPENED wine!!!!Tongue

-------------
Too many laws...
Too few examples...

Posted By: Sunray
Date Posted: 27†March†2010 at 2:58pm
Went to El Boncena last night ,with friends, and had an excellent evening. The restaurant is small and the tables are close together, but that only added to the atmosphere, it is a bit noisy but so is every other Spanish, Greek or Italian restaurant.

The service was very good, the staff were attentive, friendly and efficient.  The wine was put on the table, unopened, but we had only ordered the house wines and they were only screwcaps. On the wine, I did think it was overpriced, £15 for a very average,  wine is expensive, £12 would have been appropriate.

The food was good, reasonable sized portions,  (5meatballs of a decent size) all served at the same time, (12 dishes) and very tasty.

It is a tapas/meze restaurant and does not pretend to be anything else, it is not fine dining, but it is a very welcome addition to the village. We will be using it again. 

-------------
Sunray

Date Posted: 28†March†2010 at 9:39am
Went there last night, pleasant atmosphere, food and service.

Prices reasonable.

Will return.Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Too many laws...
Too few examples...

Posted By: Walrus
Date Posted: 07†April†2010 at 1:04pm
Went last thursday.  food is really good.  service ok.  atmosphere nice.  will be returning!

-------------
Is back in the game! :)

Date Posted: 07†April†2010 at 1:54pm
i wish they would bloody stop putting flyers on my car.

Date Posted: 07†April†2010 at 2:06pm

i wish they would bloody stop putting flyers on my car.

Particularly on wet days.

-------------

Date Posted: 07†April†2010 at 6:36pm
and particularly when my car is in the driveway....Confused
i have a ruddy postbox.

Date Posted: 08†April†2010 at 10:16am
was going to go there last night but menu looked a bit boring - sort of stuff i cook at home. So went for a very nice meal for two at Tripti instead

Date Posted: 08†April†2010 at 4:10pm
done yourself a favor there....Clap probably cheaper too !

-------------
bouncebackability......

Posted By: Emma
Date Posted: 08†May†2010 at 9:03am

I went last night and had an excellent meal. Some different dishes than I was expecting and all very good. The liver especially was cooked pefectly and just melted.

The service was also excellent and when we asked for a wine recommendation we were given samples to try before we decided. The wine the waitress suggested was also one of the cheaper ones and she also admitted that she wasn't a huge white wine drinker as she prefered red. I good change to being suggested the most expensive by someone that doesn't actually care.

The bill was reasonable for the quality of food and I will definatly be going back again.

Date Posted: 08†May†2010 at 1:46pm
melting liver ? sounds lush but think i'll give it a miss....

-------------
bouncebackability......

Date Posted: 09†May†2010 at 11:17am
tesla it sounds like to me that you have got a grudge against el boncena.??????Evil%20Smile

-------------
tracy

Date Posted: 09†May†2010 at 6:22pm
no grudge, just fussy about where i spend my hard earned cash. Seems like you have a good fan club on here, slightly over the top reviews though. melting liver does'nt sound appealing to me, However I had an amazing meal in the Greyhound recently, everything a restaurant should be. Ticks all the boxes for me...superb !  El Boncena could do worse than have a meal in there for some tips on how to deliver real value for money...

-------------
bouncebackability......

Date Posted: 09†May†2010 at 7:19pm

Do you work at the Greyhound tesla??

Posted By: Emma
Date Posted: 09†May†2010 at 8:16pm
All I did was to give me unbiased view on how I found the food and service. To me it was very good and I hardly thought my opinion was over the top. Just mentioned that the liver was cooked so perfectly that it was melt in your mouth.

Not everyone has to agree and maybe things have changed since you last went tesla. Worth trying again.

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 10†May†2010 at 12:23pm

post removed, - for everyones sanity !

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Date Posted: 10†May†2010 at 12:47pm
I don't work in the greyhound. Emma your review was sound, glad you liked it, maybe i will give it another go.....if tripti and greyhound are shut. By the way I have just looked up El Boncena on google & there are a lot of postings about the restaurant, some gay 'drag chef' seems particularly annoyed.

Hahaha.... the more I look on the internet the more things I'm finding out about El Boncena.....none of it good ! seems this place has a few skeletons in the closet !

-------------
bouncebackability......

Date Posted: 10†May†2010 at 12:48pm
Someone with a grudge I guess. I think it might be wise not to get involved in further discussion.
Censored

Date Posted: 10†May†2010 at 2:05pm
agreed, link to post removed.......!

-------------

Date Posted: 10†May†2010 at 5:01pm
Someone else who doesnt have the balls to post their real nameAngry

Date Posted: 10†May†2010 at 7:15pm
no point in getting angry people. I will not bad mouth the place any more as it seems to be upsetting people on here. The general response has been positive in regards to El Boncena so they must be doing something right. Only time will tell, I wish them every success for the future.

-------------
bouncebackability......

Date Posted: 10†May†2010 at 8:13pm
There's a good chance it was the original chef who apparebtly designed the menu and then parted company (acrimoniously it would appear!) just before the opening.

-------------
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.

Date Posted: 10†May†2010 at 8:20pm
According to Nelson Masanti: http://vimeo.com/9774888

And his LinkedIn profile: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/nelsonmasanti

-------------

Date Posted: 24†August†2010 at 7:32am
Had a great meal at El Boncena on Saturday night. Will definitely go back again. Food was great. Only critisicm was the waiter being a little pushy at first about ordering wine. Good value for money

Posted By: geezer
Date Posted: 08†September†2010 at 7:01pm
Anyone know whats happened to the restaurant? Its not opened for the past week or so.

Date Posted: 08†September†2010 at 9:20pm
rumour has it - the business went belly up.

also heard something about it moving to larger premises elsewhere, but i dont believe that, sadly i think it just went to the wall.........

-------------

Date Posted: 09†September†2010 at 9:01am
that was quick - I didn't get a chance to try it out......

-------------
JR was ere

Date Posted: 09†September†2010 at 4:09pm
oh dear......(with a smug expression) maybe it was the prices ? the strange office like ceiling ? or maybe it just was'nt an indian !

-------------
bouncebackability......

Date Posted: 09†September†2010 at 5:22pm
I guess being so close to London eating out in Chalfont isn't such a big deal. The Indian restaurants survive because of their takeaways

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net