Print Page | Close Window

Entertainment in C S P

Printed From: Chalfont St Peter
Category: General
Forum Name: New Members
Forum Description: New to the site? Why not drop in here and say hi?
URL: https://www.chalfontstpeter.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2256
Printed Date: 23 April 2024 at 8:08am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Entertainment in C S P
Posted By: Golden girl
Subject: Entertainment in C S P
Date Posted: 27 March 2006 at 5:34pm
I would like to know if there is anywhere round here that plays live music on a regular basis - apart from the Greyhound - that any of the Forum users would recommend.

Replies:
Posted By: jake
Date Posted: 27 March 2006 at 11:53pm
on friday and saturday night's i'm sure there is some live music in the village when the pubs close or later on when winkers closes

Posted By: DanW
Date Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:21am
The Three Pigeons has a band on soon called The Noisy Boys. They seem to have various live music on up there nowdays. Infrequently there is also live music at the White Hart.

-------------
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.

Posted By: Jenny
Date Posted: 28 March 2006 at 9:24am
I also think that the Village Hall has live bands (although I am not sure how regularly).

-------------
No one really cares if you are miserable so you might was well be happy. (Cynthia Nelms)

Posted By: J.R.
Date Posted: 28 March 2006 at 12:22pm

it depends on what you class as local - there are a couple of pubs just outside the chalfonts area that do "jam" nights - The Red Lion in High Wycombe (sunday afternoon/evening), The Golden Harp Maidenhead (thursday nights).

You could also try looking at Rupe's Gig Guide - just google it ......

-------------
JR was ere

Posted By: Golden girl
Date Posted: 28 March 2006 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by J.R. J.R. wrote:

it depends on what you class as local - there are a couple of pubs just outside the chalfonts area that do "jam" nights - The Red Lion in High Wycombe (sunday afternoon/evening), The Golden Harp Maidenhead (thursday nights).

You could also try looking at Rupe's Gig Guide - just google it ......

Thanks for info on Rupe's Gig Guide - just looked it up - will be v useful.

Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by jake jake wrote:

on friday and saturday night's i'm sure there is some live music in the village when the pubs close or later on when winkers closes

Sunday night after Winkers, about 330am there were a group of about 10 guys walking up the village singing football songs at the top of their voices, nice for residents!

Posted By: baldsam
Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:56pm

how exactly do you know this?..

in regards to the live music..i think O'neils in wycombe is a good night out...

Posted By: Dave-R
Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:03pm

I know this because i was standing outside the HSBC and i saw them walk past! I was waiting for a taxi

Posted By: Cracker Man
Date Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:29pm

R The Poachers ever gonna have live music again? or even a rock nite would be cool.

AC DC 2 ZZ Top Nice!

I play the guitar and I ROCK!

-------------
I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Posted By: DanW
Date Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:35pm
Finally made it back then Cracker Man!

-------------
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.

Date Posted: 21 April 2006 at 3:43pm

ita karoke tonight in the poachers!!!...time to bring out my classic Eternal Flame!!!..

Big Dunc! fancy a little burst of twist and shout?

Posted By: Big Dunc
Date Posted: 21 April 2006 at 3:44pm
No one can do Twist and Shout quite like me!!

Date Posted: 21 April 2006 at 3:52pm
it is unique!!...and brilliant!

Posted By: Helen
Date Posted: 25 April 2006 at 12:19am
The Trampoline Band is playing at the Holy Cross on the 13th may 12.50 a ticket, as the school is closing money raised will go towards big leaving party for the girls in july and some sort of memorial christmas tree light as  the Holy Cross girls used to sing carols when the christmas tree lights were turned on. Should be a good night tickets available by pm me or coming into fake it.

Posted By: moggies
Date Posted: 25 April 2006 at 12:34am
That sounds like a really good use of the funds

-------------
Still don't know what I want to do when I grow up...

Posted By: Helen
Date Posted: 27 April 2006 at 12:27am

at the end of the day we are at a loss what to do for the best, and are trying to please everyone and give the girls that are staying and the recently left girls a feel good factor. All the equipment paid for and raised by the HX friends we are trying to give to the state or needy areas, so some benefit is obtained, But and a big but, someone told me today that some stuff has already gone missing that was ear marked, ie Big F*** off mini bus to go to st josephs for homeless run, where the f888 is it so if you see a big white bus with the HX emblem on ,please report ASAP, Charity I always believed started at home, the computer is saying NO.

Posted By: Wolfie
Date Posted: 27 April 2006 at 8:41am
Helen, I think the word charity and the people who run Holy Cross are complete opposite ends of the spectrum from each other.    Conniving g*ts.

Posted By: big baggles
Date Posted: 27 April 2006 at 1:08pm
careful ladies rob will get your rude words censored !

-------------
need a stella and i need one now !

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net