Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pajamas and dressing gown in Tescos!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pajamas and dressing gown in Tescos!
    Posted: 02 April 2018 at 1:21pm
I just went into Tesco GX and was somewhat surprised to see a woman in her Pajamas, dressing gown and slippers!!!!!!

According to the lady on the checkout, these are typically and I quote "people from the travelling community"

I couldnt believe what I was seeing!  I would feel embarassed to go in in tracksuit bottoms!
Sponsored Links

James1979 View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 2:37pm
This is one of the most self absorbed, judgmental comments I have ever read. I'm unsure how you think it's even acceptable to post on a forum frowning upon people's dress, let alone blaming travellers. 
lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 4:00pm
I used to work in tesco gx and saw this on a regular basis and to be honest although I would never dream of doing it myself can't see that it does anyone any harm. I'm more embarrassed for the girls that do it and the traveling community are not the only ones that do it, Sundays use to be full of young people wearing onesies as well.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 4:26pm
A sense of decorum is long dead, unfortunately 'anything goes' nowadays, more is the pity.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by James1979 James1979 wrote:

This is one of the most self absorbed, judgmental comments I have ever read. I'm unsure how you think it's even acceptable to post on a forum frowning upon people's dress, let alone blaming travellers. 

I was saying I would feel embarassed.  Which I would.  I didn't blame traveller's, I merely repeated what the woman in tesco said.

I would say that children in Pajamas is probably more widespread.  Im sure most children have done that

Edited by MV Owner - 03 April 2018 at 7:09pm
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 8:29pm
Just imagine the furore surrounding a traveller wearing pyjamas riding an aprilla down to an appointment above the George, depositing bags of his yapping dogs mess against a fence!
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 8:49pm
That would make my blood boil Rod I can tell you especially if he had trouble parking in the precinct and had to park in Church Lane car park
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 8:50pm
Riding an Aprilia is a crime in itself
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 9:13am
Quite possibly the most pointless thread i've read in a while... Ermm
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 10:22am
Totally agree Watsey, a load of rubbish.
Sunray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>