Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old village toy shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote village idiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old village toy shop
    Posted: 17 September 2010 at 7:36pm
Does anyone remember what the old toy shop in the village was called
it was about half way up the market place,it was run by a scary old scottish lady.I used to go in there after school (1973 ish)
Sponsored Links

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 8:43pm
don't remember that i think
i remember the bike shop with a small toy shop up the stairs in the 70's up by where domino's is now.
village idiot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote village idiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 10:23am
blimey yes i remember the bike shop thats brought back some memories! the shop im on about was further down the market place
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote village idiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 4:35pm
found out the name of the old toy shop it was called Harolds
JohnohUK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnohUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 12:53pm
I remember the bike shop... used to go up there in the 70's every Saturday to look at the airfix kits on the left hand side on the balcony bit.... and then to buy balsa wood for model planes...

The other toy shop was down by the old crossing .. probably the yorkshire building society... used to have model trains and stuff... didn't last long...
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by JohnohUK JohnohUK wrote:

I remember the bike shop... used to go up there in the 70's every Saturday to look at the airfix kits on the left hand side on the balcony bit.... and then to buy balsa wood for model planes...

The other toy shop was down by the old crossing .. probably the yorkshire building society... used to have model trains and stuff... didn't last long...

and  toy solders, toy cars, matchbox stuff.Tongue
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 5:03pm
The bike shop used to sell Smurfs I remember. Also, wasn' t it also a record shop? Or was that next door?
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird.
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:01am
wasn't the record shop near fake it.
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 1:37pm
Record World halfway up the Market Place - great place shame it closed in the early 90's.
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote village idiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by JohnohUK JohnohUK wrote:

i think i remember the toy shop you mean but the one im talking about was about half way up the market place for sure.
i remember the old butchers there aswell before the one by Birrings, sawdust on the floor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>