Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Londis shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 10:19am
Originally posted by EmmaO EmmaO wrote:

I wish them all the best of luck with their venture great to see new businesses coming in, we do have a repair shop already though so I wonder if we'll be able to support two?

I saw that as well, of course any business is better than an empty unit but it did strike me as odd to open a few doors down from an business already offering that service. 

Any potential business owners out there, I think a mid priced Italian restaurant who also do hand stretched takeaway pizzas would do amazing in CSP. 
Sponsored Links

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 10:23am
The Italian restaurant (Metro)situated where the Chinese restaurant is now, was very good and also offered takeaway delicious pizzas,  sadly the business proved unsustainable. 😔
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by brewski brewski wrote:

The Italian restaurant (Metro)situated where the Chinese restaurant is now, was very good and also offered takeaway delicious pizzas,  sadly the business proved unsustainable. 😔

Towards the end the staff had become really quite rude and there was a lot of poor meals served and quite a few cases of people being extremely I'll after eating there that I personally knew of. They lost their regular clients and that was that. A good Italian restaurant would succeed like the tapas restaurant has done. 
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2021 at 3:51pm
As a regular there, as many other people I knew where, I never received rude service or a poor meal, if there ever was any problem the staff where always most sympathetic and approachable. 

Did you personally have a poor experience in there?
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
fitzy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2021 at 4:23pm
we had two poor meals and stopped going. We also had two large group of friends who would eat there at least once a week. Both large groups were violently ill after eating there also. When they complained they were basically told to f off. I'm sure plenty of  people did not have such bad experiences I'm just sharing our experiences which were pretty shocking.  Personally I would love a good Italian restaurant to open and thrive 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12