Forum Home Forum Home > Organisations > Neighbourhood Action Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neighbourhood Action Group Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neighbourhood Action Group Forum
    Posted: 21 August 2006 at 8:08pm
Thanks DanW for setting up this secion on the Forum.

As the name suggests this is a section of the forum to primarilly
communicate informaton from the Neighbourhood Action Group, but also
to discuss and contribute to the process.

This isn't a substitue for reporting incidents to the police or other
agencies. I would encourage you to report all incidents of Anti-Social
behaviour to the Police.

Hope we can all engage with any discussion with constructive comments
and the necessary good humour and community spirit - the occasional
rant will be permitted of course!

Over the next day or so I will write up a few more bits of info about the
NAG, how it started and what it's purpose is.

Cheers,
Martyn

Sponsored Links

Wolfie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:49pm
Grovesy, do you know the process for setting up a Neighbourhood Watch scheme?
Grovesy View Drop Down
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 8:41am
Hi Jill,

Some intitial info: I'll try and get some more soon.

Contact one of these people who are responsible for setting up NHW in the Chiltern area:

Chiltern Vale and South Bucks    
Margaret Dale  -- 01494 736631
Frances Dunne / Matthew Sansom  01494 736641/2

Or email them on:
chilternvale.ringmaster@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk

You may also like to look at:
http://www.neighbourhoodwatch.net/
or TVP website:
http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news_info/partnerships/wat ch/nhw/index.htm has a few pages of information.
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 11:49am
the big thing jill is getting the neighbours to buy into it  !- setting one up in one sense is the straight forward bit, its getting the local curtain twitchers to log the 'happenings' so that unusual occurences are logged, i know some people who back onto you, she had the 2 bay trees in pots by her front door nicked- they were big and probably needed 2 strapping fellas to lift em and a van to take em away...... no one saw anything !
need a stella and i need one now !
Wolfie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:22pm

baggles it's amazing that something like that doesn't get spotted by somone, as you say they weren't small or easily liftable.

Apparently another handbag snatch was made from inside a house in my road on Sunday.  So the guy's still at large.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 11:12am
Can we have the diary of meetings please? + agenda, minutes, actions.  ???

Edited by rob
Grovesy View Drop Down
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 12:00pm

Rob,

Sorry about my delay in replying. 

1) The NAG meetings at the moment are closed meetings - but there will be a Public Meeting in the next 6months to give an more thorough update on the NAG activities.  I'll advise this forum of the date, time and place in the near future.  This is not to say that the makeup of the NAG is fixed, if it is apparent that one part of the community isn't adequately represented that we can invite more people onto the NAG.

2) Agenda - this has been predominately set at the last public meeting, the three priorities set. 1) ASB 2) Littering 3) Speeding.  How the meetings are structured is that we have a round table discussion with all the relevant partners - we 'brainstorm' come up with ideas etc. and then actions are given to various members of the NAG.  As the chair I will be holding each partner accountable to their actions to make sure they get done.  The rest of the meeting is reviewing previous actions - have they worked? What else needs to be done? Do we need to go back to the drawing board etc.

3) All the minutes and actions will be available on the CDC website, and I'll post a link to them from this part of the forum. 

I appreciate at the moment the NAG does appear to be shrouded in secrecy - this is by no means our intention.  After our next meeting we will communicate in a timelier fashion actions, intentions aims and purposes. 

My intention is also to put some of the topics of discussion on this forum so that a wider section of our community are able to contribute to the process and suggest their own ideas. 

Edited by Grovesy
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Grovesy Grovesy wrote:

Rob,

Sorry about my delay in replying. 

1) The NAG meetings at the moment are closed meetings - but there will be a Public Meeting in the next 6months to give an more thorough update on the NAG activities.  I'll advise this forum of the date, time and place in the near future.  This is not to say that the makeup of the NAG is fixed, if it is apparent that one part of the community isn't adequately represented that we can invite more people onto the NAG.

2) Agenda - this has been predominately set at the last public meeting, the three priorities set. 1) ASB 2) Littering 3) Speeding.  How the meetings are structured is that we have a round table discussion with all the relevant partners - we 'brainstorm' come up with ideas etc. and then actions are given to various members of the NAG.  As the chair I will be holding each partner accountable to their actions to make sure they get done.  The rest of the meeting is reviewing previous actions - have they worked? What else needs to be done? Do we need to go back to the drawing board etc.

3) All the minutes and actions will be available on the CDC website, and I'll post a link to them from this part of the forum. 

I appreciate at the moment the NAG does appear to be shrouded in secrecy - this is by no means our intention.  After our next meeting we will communicate in a timelier fashion actions, intentions aims and purposes. 

My intention is also to put some of the topics of discussion on this forum so that a wider section of our community are able to contribute to the process and suggest their own ideas. 

Seeing as there have been no posts in in a year and a half, I thought I'd make one.

1) Who are the NAG answerable to?

2) How are they elected?

3) How are they funded?

4) Why are there no Minutes for the meeting on 12/12/07

5) Why are meetings held in secret?

6) How do the NAG obtain information as to what the community want?

7) Do members cover an area and are their details public for purposes of communication?

8) At the meeting on the 12/12/07, 46% of the NAG members were absent. What constitutes a quorum?

9)  Are there any minutes for the meeting on the 23/01/08 including a list of attendees?

Edited by Malc London - 13 February 2008 at 2:36pm
Grovesy View Drop Down
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 3:11pm
1) Answerable? To the public...if you don't like what's going on - come and join us. 

2) The police selected the initial members, after that, as a group we can co-opt people on to the group.  If you want to join, you are more than welcome.

3) We are not funded by anyone.

4) There are, just not posted on here.  CDC website.

5)  Not held in secret - why don't you come along to the next one?

6) By having members of the community on the group and the public meetings (attended by 120 people at the first one and 80 at the second

7) What exactly do you mean? 

8)  no quorum specified in our constituion

9) Yes - I'll post them

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
MARGARET MEAD
Grovesy View Drop Down
NAG Moderator
NAG Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 4:03pm
Malc - sorry, realise my reply might sound a bit flippant.

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news_info/info/neighbourhood_action_group.htm 
has info about purpose and setup of NAGs

CDC website with CSP NAG info

http://www.chiltern.gov.uk/neighbourhood/site/scripts/documents_info.php?categoryID=3&documentID=363

Hope that helps with your queries

Mart

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
MARGARET MEAD
 Post Reply Post Reply