Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Names from the Past ....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 1:47pm
Anyone remember Keith Pigden who used to own and run Colin's Fish Bar? He took the business over from his father. Still lives in Chalfont St Peter with his wife Barbara.
I remember how lovely the fish n chips were! They even had a small cafe area, I think it was a couple of tables, before they reconfigured the fryers.
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 5:17pm
well, as you asked. Yes, i do. However, I don’t remember the fryer being reconfigured.
Purchased many portions of chips wrapped in the News of the world and the Buck advertisers.
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 8:17pm
After Scouts..... Must've been late 50's early 60's, must have been in that time frame that Keith took it over.

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 10:48pm
In the old days the fryer went down the left hand side of the shop as you came through the door. The little seating area was partitioned off on the right with a couple of tables in it. It was a popular eating place for members of Chalfont Colony as it was called then.
Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Rich Kid Rich Kid wrote:

In the old days the fryer went down the left hand side of the shop as you came through the door. The little seating area was partitioned off on the right with a couple of tables in it.

That's right, I remember it configured that way as well, I could never work out why the fish and chip was nicknamed 'Horrors' because the quality of the fish and chips was very good from my memory.    
Hdb1 View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hdb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 12:59pm
Good to see that my parents, Keith and Barbara Pigden and Colins Fish  Bar are remembered. Sadly, I should inform you that Keith died peacefully on 26th September 2018 at the age of 81, after a short illness.
Garry View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 5:15pm
I am so sorry to hear your sad news, I have very fond memories of using the fish & chip shop when Keith ran it, lots of banter with him when we were spotty teenagers, another fine character has left us.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 6:34pm
Commiserations to you and other family members, like Garry I remember Keith in those days, great memories.

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by ArtB ArtB wrote:

Commiserations to you and other family members, like Garry I remember Keith in those days, great memories.

Art

Commiserations also, I remember when he was working with his father. 
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 10:35pm
Sorry to hear about the passing of Keith, I remember the days when his father ran the shop, both father & son produced great fish 'n' chips, thinking of it makes me feel hungry!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>