Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

motorbike nutter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 10:41am
i never screamed around in the evenings  wearing out tyres and using fuel for entertainment ( i was too busy working to try and save up enough to buy a set of wheels, road tax and insurance, )

but my concern is these 'racers' are wreckless,  the other night the motorbike  had no lights on, - it was gone 1am....it was also travelling at high speed, - doing stunts on a public highway...

are they insured ? if there is a collision who picks up the bill,  if someone or something is damaged ....what next ? 

if they really are so sad that smoking tyres for fun  and the 'need' to do donuts go find a deserted carpark at 1am  where the likelihood to collide with another road user is reduced
need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

Chuckles View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 2:42pm
Contrary to some of the trolling above, the overwhelming majority of us did not behave like this in our youth.

Every year, it's exactly the same - without fail:

A small number of people, mainly in cars but with the occasional motorcycle - spending the spring and summer months behaving like utter morons. I cannot say if they're local, or just visiting - but it's often the same vehicles over and over again.

For example, in the last few weeks I have witnessed:

Handbrake turns and burnouts (well, attempts at);
Highly excessive speed (I'm talking 60mph+ here, not 32mph);
Timed laps racing around Gold Hill Common;
Rubbish thrown out of moving cars - at pedestrians and other vehicles;
Stupidly loud music from parked cars, well into the small hours (loud enough to rattle windows and trigger the occasional car alarm).

Harumph! Angry
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 3:43pm
I feel for you that sounds terrible. We've had some racing passed our house but nothing on that scale, don't suppose you've managed to get any numbers?
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2017 at 5:33pm
If you ride like a nutter on a motorcycle after a while you'll ge injured or killed.  Its as simple as that
GODDESS View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GODDESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by swej swej wrote:

Ah ! So it's you then GODDESS, tearing about the streets late at night keeping people awake! And no, I did not do this when I was younger.
I don't  and didn't either; I am not out at night.  I am afraid i might be bullied, bullied like here.
Moreover,
I don't troll either; just in case  my messgae
below

emm
what happened to 'let's face it , we all did that when young and even old'
Re: underage drinking, littering , etc too
Hmm

which in fairnesss was supposed to be typed

Hmm
what happened to 'let's face it , we all did that when young and even old'
Re: underage drinking, littering , etc too
Hmm

was misinterprted. 
It was not addressed to any bully or not woman.  i myself  already private messaged group owner  to notify
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 5:50pm
I don't know if this problem is just motorcycles, there seems to be alot of cars racing up and down Joiners Lane.  Hot weather certainly seems to increase the number of cars racing.
Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 6:42pm
I lived half way up Joiners Lane for a while and its not just young chavvy idiots. That road had all sorts, new BMW, Audi and Bentley drivers who drove as though they wanted to try and take off on that bit about half way up.
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 6:59pm
Thats true Dave R, people seem to also accelerate heavily off the Greyhound roundabout up Joiners Lane.
Nikblik View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikblik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2017 at 11:06pm
Just listening to what is probably a car probably pulling donuts round the Joiners Lane roundabout. Surely a matter of time before we hear a crash.... I hope not though. Plus how can they afford the wear on their tyres?

Edited by Nikblik - 26 July 2017 at 11:10pm
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 10:21am
Yes it was a car, they were up and down lower road and kingsway as well at the same time you posted, did some doughnuts at the lower road and kingsway junction, sadly we couldn't catch his number plate......
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>