FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMen buying clothes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Men buying clothes
    Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:21am

Whenever Mr Fontie goes away on a trip  I always pack his oldest pants.....

Why is it that once the majority of men are in a long term relationship, married they are unable to make choices and buy their own clothes, socks or underwear.

I have heard classics from Mr Fontie. Like 'I haven't got a decent pair of socks" or 'think I could do with some new underpants'....

Occasional he will buy shirts but that’s only because he works in London and wears and 18 1/2 collar shirt. Not easy to find in Uxbridge....

But when I see my daughter boyfriends they are immaculate and take such a pride in the appearance. So is it an age thing, will their Adonis’s turn into Frank Spencer’s……?

Sponsored Links

Helen View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:25am
My mark, loves clothes shopping, never know this, husband 1 & 2 i had to but theirs. But no3 loves going oftern if i am working on a saturday and complain i have nothing to wear when i know and he knows i have loads he will go and buy me a outfit, rather sweet except it is always red and mini, ok if we were going to a hookers conventiion
Taint View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:25am

Fontie there was a shop in Chesham that stocked shirts and suits for the larger man. I am not sure whether its still there, but it might be worth a look.   At the roundabout that would take you up to White Hill towards Bovingdon, there is a parade of shops (3-4) directly opposite this roundabout.  Its one of them.  They had some very nice suits and stuff in there.

fontie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:29am

Yes I've noticed that Helen.  bless, he's confusing bedroom with street wear.....

I did love those fluffy black feather diamond crusted healed shoes you were wearing last week while doing you weekly shop in Budgens..... I do hope you spoke to the manager about moving the baked bean from the bottom shelf. 

DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:30am
I can tell you that I always look like a sack of crud and always have done! No amount of styling would change that I'm afraid. I've never been one for clothes or following the 'trends', even when I was younger. There are quite distinct groups of lads - those who feel comfortable with what they wear and those who feel somehow incomplete without the latest £100 trainers and £70 t-shirt
fontie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:38am

I am being mean. Mr Fontie has been known to come home with an entire outfit for me. He says he walked past and saw it on the mannequin and thought of me.... I think there's a compliment in there somewhere.

Dan I thought you looked perfectly fine last night. Clothes brought by you or your wife?

And who buys the underwear - yours? 

Helen View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:39am
go to primark, fantastic shop, not expensive, gail the lurker loves shopping for mens clothes taking one of marks mates shopping on sunday prehaps you could join them
DanW View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:42am
By me I think! Though generally with consent from Jenny
fontie View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 9:51am

Men can't do right by doing wrong. What is that bloody saying? You know what I mean.....

If Mr Fontie suddenly started buying a selection of Calvin Klein’s I would be thinking what the f**k going on here.......I would be very suspicious. 

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 10:56am

shopping bloke style  is easy, not like you girlies.....

you window shop mess about walk miles and usually end up back where you started having bought very little- or if its the sales you buy masses even if it does not fit or even if you do not need it !

as for blokes

go in the first shop - see something, does it fit/ cover the important bits....... yes - then buy 7  of this item ( one for each day of the week- ) - pay and go home

job done

dont ask for her in doors opinion.... too much hassle-

and if she is really the special one in your life she wont mind what you wear as its whats in the clothes she goes for......

the only exception to this rule is a suit, every bloke needs a suit, for funerals, weddings and job interviews.... a womans point of view on these may be beneficial.....

need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>