Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mcoll's shutting down.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by dogwalker dogwalker wrote:

Nothing on Mcolls website about being sold.

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2019 at 7:35pm
i understand the post office staff are actually mccolls employees and the post office is like a ' franchise' - will be interesting to see what will happen with the post office location, 

other mcolls in the area offer  SOME postal services  outside of normal business hours- eg evenings and on sundays etc - chalfont never did this, they were supposed to but no one bothers....

the post office is busy at times , so clearly there is some need for it .... denham green has lost its post office.... lets hope CSP can hold onto its post office...

need a stella and i need one now !
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2019 at 7:40pm
I have to say I did quite like using the Post Office at Gerrards Cross the other day.  There were plenty of staff and no queue.

I personally believe that the days of the Post Office and seperately Royal Mail and Parcelforce are numbered.

Edited by MV Owner - 27 August 2019 at 7:41pm
Marie View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2019 at 9:59pm
With all the banks closing many people are using the banking facilities at the Post office. If the PO closes and therefore Royal Mail/parcelforce services, more reasons for locals to take their business elsewhere. Not good for the trade in CSP and sad for those that may lose their jobs. 
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2019 at 9:49pm
Just one point in the parcel issue, there is a Parcel Point at Chalfont News if you need an alternative. Seems to do quite well. Despite the frowns .......
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2020 at 5:55pm
Just had a chat with the manager in McColls, the rumours are true it is
closing, probably in about 3 months time, end of lease, M&S are interested
in taking it over but nothing has been agreed yet, and the Post Office is
going to move in to the Co-Op. All positive news!
Sunray
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2020 at 7:23pm
That is great news! I was really worried we’d loose it and it’ll be a boost to co-op and the high street generally. The precinct has m and s/costa/halls to increase footfall so good to move people slightly more into the village when they visit. On that subject don’t forget to visit Judds when walking from precinct to co-op/new post office. Fantastic local butcher , great meat and lovely gents.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2020 at 7:25pm
that is positive, I cannot stand that green and blue window vinyl jesus wept man

Edited by MV Owner - 24 January 2020 at 8:31pm
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2020 at 12:12pm
Good News about the Post Office Franchise moving to Coop. My only comment is for the PO to have self service option like we have at most supermarkets now.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2020 at 12:15pm
Hopefully there will be a new post master too!
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>