Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

litter.......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: litter.......
    Posted: 11 April 2021 at 3:14pm
So much litter!! I see a few big hearted people going around collecting it but I was thinking, why don't we all try and take responsibility for the road and verges outside our homes and say the house either side, we could really make a difference if we did that I think? What are your thoughts?
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 9:40pm
It doesn't help that the Council have taken a number of the litter bins away, we need more not less!
Sunray
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2021 at 10:36am
I think you’ll find that vandals are responsible for some of the bins that have “gone missing” eg by the bench at Hampden Rd, and the one destroyed by fire on the common over the past few days. The other ones up Market Place very often get thrown around the place in the early hours!
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2021 at 11:54am
That may be the case, but they are needed if we are to reduce litter, so why are they not replaced? The ones at the bottom of Chiltern Hill on Lower Road were just removed.
Sunray
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2021 at 7:08pm
Yes some were just taken out by the council, now I wonder who we can lobby about that??

Edited by EmmaO - 12 April 2021 at 7:10pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
 Post Reply Post Reply