Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La bodega?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: La bodega?
    Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:53pm
Has it closed? I tried to call to book a table and no answer repeatedly and when I went to try and book on line it goes through to a Turkish restaurant opening soon? I’m excited by Turkish but I loved having la bodega! Hope it hasn’t closed 😞
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:56pm
Read on-line somewhere that it has closed and is indeed becoming Turkish.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:56pm
Well I welcome the Turkish but I’m really sad to see the Spanish go, it always seemed so busy and vibrant, guess it’s recent times but still a great shame ....
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:50pm
I think poor Juan had finally had enough of the lockdowns over the past year which were financially crippling to a privately owned restaurant (sole trader as opposed to the big outfits), and having to deal with the dreadful filth that would get into and around the place every time it flooded. Such a shame. 
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 5:39pm
Yes, it’s been a dreadful year for him and the sewerage issue is really awful, I wonder how the new Turkish will cope with it. Juan told me once he’d had lots of work done in that area to stop it from happening again but clearly it was unsuccessful. He had seemed to have lists a little interest even before lockdown I felt, maybe all this just brought it all to a head. Still really sad and wish him well.
 Post Reply Post Reply