Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Green Fence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 11:14am
Progress so far - not answering phone....
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2017 at 4:21pm
So please, where is said "green fence"?
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Chilternman View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chilternman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 7:51am
Top of Market place
swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:09am
Never posted a link before, so sorry if it doesn't work. Anyway, here is a picture taken from near the clock on the common.

Butterfly View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:36am
Swej, you did great.  
I cannot believe what I am seeing!!!!  It does look permanent doesn't it.  In what world is that considered an environmentally acceptable colour?
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:38am
When I drove by, my immediate thought was how bad it was, but I think it looks like the kind of panelling where they'll post up big signage and hoardings of the houses / flats and marketing / sales information.  Hope i'm right anyway...
MarkF View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 9:46am
Some observations: The painted panels are being attached to a very basic wooden frame which in turn is then being attached to the existing panel fence behind it.

I spoke to someone this morning who was working on it. I asked if it was temporary and he said it was. Not completely convinced by his answer so I will try again to get hold of the site manager.

However if it is temporary, there is a lot of painting being done, not just of the panels but of the black supporting struts. 

lesleyr View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesleyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 10:11am
They are advertising hoardings for the marketing suite to sell the property on there. While they don't look good and are a dreadful colour I do think people are getting a little hysterical.
swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 10:56am
Well actually I disagree that people are getting 'hysterical'. They, well me anyway, are commenting on something that a lot of people feel strongly about ... the appearance of their village. This is where we choose to live, and thus we have a right to comment (and comment is all it is) on it's appearance. 

Just my two pence worth!
MarkF View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2017 at 11:28am
As seemingly no-one in the planning department has the best interests of the village at heart, I think the least those who live here can do is protect that the thin end of the wedge doesn't get any thicker.

Yes, it is just a fence. A horrible eye sore of a fence. And hopefully a temporary one.

Obviously trees, hedges or closeboard fencing, look more attractive but are probably more expensive. We are just making sure that the long term look of the village isn't being sacrificed in terms of a third party's commercial interests.

Not such a bad goal. And yes, it bothers me. Not going to apologise for that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>