Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great British Spring Clean - Litter Picking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great British Spring Clean - Litter Picking
    Posted: 08 February 2019 at 10:59am
I know we have a full time parish council litter picker, but I despair at the amount of litter in the village at the moment, and reading other social media outlets the feeling is the same.  Some people do a lot of litter picking voluntarily which would otherwise leave this village deluged in it (it is the same in most villages I know).

I received the email below, maybe we should co-ordinate a village clean up across the various social outlets?

Great British Spring Clean 2019

Be part of the pick

Great British Spring Clean | Great Big School Clean
22 March - 23 April 2019

Text Box: SIGN UP  NOW

Help us make history and make the Great British Spring Clean 2019 the country’s biggest ever mass-action environmental campaign.

We want to inspire 500,000 people to join forces to clear litter, including single-use plastic, from our streets, parks and beaches, recycling as much as possible.

In 2019 there are three ways you can get involved: 

Text Box: HOST A CLEAN-UP

Text Box: JOIN A  CLEAN-UP

Text Box: MAKE A  PLEDGE

Sign up now and help spread the word, as we prepare to stand together and declare that litter pollution – that degrades the beauty of our environment and threatens to harm wildlife – is not acceptable.

Text Box: SIGN UP  NOW

If there is interest, I will also donate £100 to the local charity of choice of whoever picks up the most.

Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 1:57pm
I already pick up litter along Lower Road. so if someone wants to organise something (my organising days are past) I'm very happy to join in.
Sunray
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2019 at 6:26pm
Hi Watsy I'd help. I agree with the increase of litter, I live on Lower Road and I'd say that most of it comes from McDonalds, must be just long enough to drive from Uxbridge to eat the food and then throw the bag of rubbish out on Lower road on return to the village AND Costa!! So much Costa rubbish. In addition to that the fag butt litter is awful and has increased exponentially since The White Hart changed hands and they stopped clearing the fag butts from outside the pub and around the bin on a daily basis. I must also say that the bins in the village are always full and over flowing which doesn't help at all. I'll look into who is responsible for emptying them. Somebody even threw all their amazon delivery boxes out of the window, they'd taken the address off though, just as well cause I was heading around there with the boxes!!!
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2019 at 6:27pm
And Thanks Sunray, I pick some up too but I really appreciate you taking the time to do it too.
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2019 at 11:09am
Hi Emma. On the suject of Litter Bins, I see that the bin opposite the end of Chiltern Hill has been removed, that's not going to help, we need more bins not less.
Sunray
 Post Reply Post Reply