Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHalfont Ghosts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bungalowbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHalfont Ghosts
    Posted: 06 September 2021 at 11:46am
Hey all,  Ive been researching local ghosts recently.  The ghost in the White Hart plaing the violin, the coach and horses at the Greyhound and an alledged ghost on horseback by the Bull hotel in Gerrards Cross are well known but are there any others?

What other tales of ghosts in Chalfont or  Gerrards Cross do people have?  Only other one ive heard of is the pond/well up the footpath the runs up the side of leachcroft is supposed to be haunted by a young woman,  the person telling me was pretty light  on detail though.

I'd be pleased to hear about any others.......

Thanks,  Bill

Sponsored Links

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 11:31pm
Visit the footpath that goes down from Monument Lane to the Amersham Road at midnight when there is full moon and you'll see a headless rider dressed in black riding a black stallion galloping full pelt down the footpath - so legend goes
bungalowbill View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bungalowbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2021 at 1:45pm
It's always at midnight  with a full moon isnt it!   Full moon was a condition in my friends story about the leachcroft footpath.

To be honest I'm skeptical when it comes to ghosts but I do keep an open mind.  I  have a fascination with the stories though, esp those that are not linked to pubs and hotels.  It's almost as if the stories surrounding pubs and hotels were a hopefull way of getting more business. Surely not.

Perhaps unsuprising that with Chalfont and Gerrards Cross sitting on major routes,  esp  GX, that there are stories of ghostly highwaymen / horsedrawn coaches.   Perhaps they started as a cautionary tale for children to keep them away form the road and coaches at night....

Post Reply Post Reply