Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking restrictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 4:13pm
Yes if I could park safely then of course I would, I worked in St Albans for a while and had to make that choice there. I agree with some parking spaces on lower road, which there still are. You can't however just do what you like because you work somewhere. A young woman parked half over my drive all day. Of course when she came back I spoke to her and she said well, I was late for work so! Great, so I can't leave my house but you're ok? Another neighbour had to change her car for a small fiat as she could get her car out any day because they parked right up to her boundary both sides and then opposite her. I don't think workers to the village rights trump residents personally, we put up with it for many years until it became totally ridiculous. We tried contacting the employers directly but they didn't want to help.

The thing is, parking costs should be factored in when you take a job, you allow for petrol, train fares, etc. parking is no different. They can also use the free park and ride or the free parking elsewhere but they don't have carte blanche to do what they like imho.

Edited by EmmaO - 11 April 2021 at 4:52pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12