Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fitzpatrick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisReed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fitzpatrick
    Posted: 01 January 2021 at 2:38pm
Hello, all new to me so I'll try my best to get it right. Im doing some searching for a mate who's ancestors seemed to change their name for some reason.
The man concerned is James Fitzpatrick born 1829 in Chalfont St Peter. he seems to be at "Windmill Outfield" in 1841 with family John and Susannah Stone aged 15.
No trace of him then until 1881 when he is living at Dean Acre Cottage next to the Beer House at Gravel Hill. His wife Sarah from Brighton,seems to be living at the Beer House.
1891 finds him and Sarah at Gravel Hill just near the Coach and Horses, army pensioner.
1901 Still at Gravel Hill looks like Dean Acre, and there is where he died on the 29th December 1909.

So that's the background now the query..

When James leaves the army he becomes a Chelsea Pensioner in 1876 and one question asked on his demob paperwork is " Intended place of residence " to which is written "Mrs Frayne, Gravel Hill, Chalfont St Peter " and there lies the mystery. I cant find any trace of Mrs Frayne. Added mystery,
The name Frayne is then adopted by a nephew John William Fiztpatrick / Frayne when he moves to Brighton Sussex between 1871 to 1881
Chris
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply