Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graffiti

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graffiti
    Posted: 30 November 2020 at 1:48pm
The graffiti popping up round the village is getting silly now. It seems to be added to almost daily. Any ideas how this should be reported?
Sponsored Links

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2020 at 5:29pm
Keep seeing stupid sprayed hearts everywhere. 😧
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2020 at 6:10pm
Yes really pathetic isn't it, why is it that some people can only destroy and ruin things leaving a mess around the Village , whilst others work hard to protect and enhance it, by picking up litter, putting up Christmas lights, flags etc. I know which ones I applaud.
Sunray
admarlow View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 8:53am
report to 101 as soon as possible as the Police can then review any CCTV 
watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 10:08am
Used to have loads of it back in the 80's around the village, always looks awful.  Went to Amalfi 15 years ago and my enduring memory is not the stunning scenery, but the graffiti!
CSPT View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 1:47pm
Ok so some progress. As most of the target of the mess seems to be BT boxes, this can be reported to Overreach for repair on the following link

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

Either call the number or use the online chat.

I have reported one so far but, as you can only report one location per log, if people wouldn't mind logging others they see that would help.

I was told they would visit within 48 hours so will see!

Police also informed via 101.

The quicker it's removed the less likely it will be repeated.
 Post Reply Post Reply