Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why I am fed up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allotmentman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2020 at 6:50pm
Totally agree.
Bucks CC also repaired Joiners Lane recently all the potholes except one - up by Denham Lane.

Why do the others and leave just one unrepaired!!

I think I actually know the answer - It was only 1 inch deep and not 2 inches.
Sponsored Links

watsy View Drop Down
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2020 at 1:39pm
Joiners lane is a joke, how many times as Bucks CC or their contractors attempted to repair the road / resurface it over the last few years.  Huge waste of taxpayers money.  Odd as Denham Lane was resurfaced a few years back when it was in a terrible state and that is still ok.

After it has rained, there is little point trying to get to St Giles via Chesham Lane due to the multiple lakes. Part of that is hopeless maintenance of the drains by Bucks CC locally, partly due to HS2 and the run off from the new tarmac - which brings around the third cause in the village - all our trees and hedges are being cut down and front gardens paved over, so the water has nowhere to go except the lowest point.  I drove through the new Holy Cross development the other night, it was awful, solid brickwork, no hedges, no front gardens, no wonder Lower Road is always flooding now.  

I also drove down School Lane the other day, lots of updated and new houses especially at the top, but when I did my paper round there in the 80's the road had tree canopy - all the big trees seem to have gone.

Edited by watsy - 04 November 2020 at 1:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123