Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE VALE Closed off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE VALE Closed off
    Posted: 23 October 2020 at 11:37am
what a mess ....the vale closed off since thursday evening due to big diesel spill from the builders merchants, - it seems their diesel tank sprung a leak on thursday around lunchtime, - it appears it was allowed to leak most of the afternoon and then everyone went home at the end of the shift, later in the evening the fire brigade were called and the road closed off...... sand was deposited all over the spill, the drains are now full of sand and diesel.....
friday lunchtime and the road is still closed..... skinners are loading a coffin into the hearse which is parked on the pavement outside St Peters Newsagents.....the market place is crawling with traffic trying to turn into the vale....
and all this because someone thought it was ok for diesel to leak out into the environment and drain network for nearly  24 hrs

its just inexcusable......rant over. .... lets hope grant and stone get a huge clear up bill for this mess.... and the inconvenience to all other local businesses...theyre not going to be flavour of the month....

need a stella and i need one now !
Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2020 at 2:02pm
was this the tank in the yard? How much is estimated, that spilled?
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2020 at 5:28pm
The road is still shut.

No council workers have been seen near it.

What with the daily obstruction Grant and Stone cause with their wagons illegally parked and delivery lorries likewise this really is now the final straw.

And before anyone says they've been here for years, I know this, but they have more than outgrown that small, unsuitable location and as we all know this 'village' has grown substantially in the last ten years or so with traffic levels too as an unfortunate consequence. 

I'm all for local business thriving but this is becoming a detriment to other local shops, businesses and residents.

Too many laws...
Too few examples...
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2020 at 7:34pm
Can this be reported if so to who?

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2020 at 4:32pm
Bossman was outside grant and stone just now.... We spoke to him.... What a pack of lies he span..... He claims the oil tankbleak occurred after dark after close of business on thursday.... (so the dashcam high de ffootage taken on thursday at 11am clearly showing the oil coming out and down the road is clearly just a trick of the light then)
He also claimed he had staff on site thursday night.... (we only saw bucks fire n rescue personnel shoveling sand and then later on the highways boys with their highly absorbant cat litter to soak up the oil..... And to add insult to injury the boss man is moaning its cost him over a grand to have the road cleaned up.    

Well i reckon it time he stopped moaning... His poxy oil tank leaked.   His firm caused the mess.... Pay for the clear up... Or go somewhere else..... (and we are sick of your trucks and tired of your lies)

But on a positive note the road may reopen soon... If the council are happy with the quality of the clean up
need a stella and i need one now !
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 10:22am
I am pleased to announce the road is now finally open once again.🙄

All be it still with a strong stench of diesel fuel.

Take a bow Grant & Stone. 😒

Edited by brewski - 29 October 2020 at 7:33pm
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2020 at 7:07pm
I wrote an email to Grant and Stone via their feedback page and got a big fat fcuk all
 Post Reply Post Reply