Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tesco Click and collect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csp99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tesco Click and collect
    Posted: 31 March 2020 at 10:49pm
hi all, I’ve been fortunate in getting a Tesco click and collect order from Amersham, does anyone know how it’s operating at the moment, as we don’t want to go near anyone...... many thanks if you can help.
Stay safe everyone.....
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 4:35pm
We went on Saturday afternoon for our "Click & Collect", it was excellent. You go round towards the petrol pumps and there is a kiosk there, we did not have to queue (we went mid way through our 2 hour slot), you tell the guy your name he brings out your groceries in trays (already bagged) you dump them in the car and drive off. Took less than 2 minutes, only spoke to one man, stood 6 feet from him, no other interaction.
Sunray
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2020 at 2:08pm
It is the safest way in these current times to do a major shop at Tesco. Tried shopping in the store but found it difficult as some people did follow the safe distance guidance. They were putting people at risk by their actions. As said above all shopping is ready and no one is near you.
csp99 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csp99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 11:45am
All done, it was very straightforward as other have said,  although the Tesco guy there was a bit too close and overeager to grab the crates after I emptied them.
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2020 at 11:35am
Tesco's in GX is a flipping joke.Angry

Although they've put in good distancing measures whilst you queue to enter the store, once your in most aisles are like a rugby scrum.Stern SmileDisapprove

They should make the aisles one way like other supermarkets have, it would help.

I really feel sorry for the fantastic, hard working staff in there having to work in those conditions with no personal protection equipment either.

And they run put off hand sanitizer to clean your hands before and after the shop at the doors.Angry

Every little helps apparently...

Anyway, rant over.

Happy Saturday everyone and STAY SAFE.Hug

Edited by brewski - 04 April 2020 at 11:40am
Too many laws...
Too few examples...
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 11:47am
went to tesco gx on friday morning, - not been out shopping for 2 weeks, - was expecting a nightmare.....but no queues.....arrived , trolley was wiped down, was given anti bac wipes for hands too, and away you go , shelves were fairly well stocked...( no rice or pasta as expected ) but got the basics that i went for,  you are only allowed 3 of any one item....or a single pack of toilet rolls !

but it was fine and it seems everyone was now keeping their correct distances
need a stella and i need one now !
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 2:09pm
Thats good news Baggles and thanks for the update.

I must say when I have gone out I wear a mask.  I'm hoping this helps to prevent spreading anything I have to others (If indeed I have anything), this also says to others "I dont to be spoken to unless necessary"
brewski View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by big baggles big baggles wrote:

went to tesco gx on friday morning, - not been out shopping for 2 weeks, - was expecting a nightmare.....but no queues.....arrived , trolley was wiped down, was given anti bac wipes for hands too, and away you go , shelves were fairly well stocked...( no rice or pasta as expected ) but got the basics that i went for,  you are only allowed 3 of any one item....or a single pack of toilet rolls !

but it was fine and it seems everyone was now keeping their correct distances
I must of picked the wrong day then.

Too many laws...
Too few examples...
 Post Reply Post Reply