Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lord of the Manor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2019 at 11:15am
in fact they accepted the 100k, then asked for more, pure greed.
Sponsored Links

ding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2019 at 3:03pm
I would like to think "the lord of the manor" was doing what he thought was right. To protect the pond etc.
I imagine the upheaval etc will be extensive.
I have spent many "quiet" hours in this tranquil spot.
Doubt if it will be "affordable housing"
dogwalker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2019 at 5:14pm
This is really a GX issue not a Chalfont St Peter one, though he is the Lord of the Manor for Gold Hill Common as well.

Either way a judgment has been passed and he lost on every single point to persuade the Judge otherwise. He as a retired solicitor knew the risks of litigation and what was required to succeed.

The killer point was that he accepted an offer for £100,000 but then tried to increase this, which I suspect was due to the fact it was not accesss for one house but three. Then wanted a price to reflect this. By using the dispute over two metres of land to stop this was again overuled.

He has always supported the community events on the commom, Feast Day, Timebreaker etc. By his title he has to agree to allow access for this.

The point raised earlier in the thread of increased development in our area is valid. Fifteen years ago if you have told me that a Tesco's would build in the centre of GX and large houses would all be knock down to build flats I would not have believed it.

I would wish for a better playground on Gold Hill common, our recreation areas are needed more than ever.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12