Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brazil's Pies & Sausages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brazil's Pies & Sausages
    Posted: 20 April 2019 at 6:49pm
Although not strictly related to Chalfont St Peter, (although some residents worked in the Brazils factory in Amersham), I came across this informative history of the firm that I thought may be of interest to others:

Sponsored Links

hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2019 at 2:12pm
is the factory still there and working?
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2019 at 11:19am
No, it's long gone. It used to be where Tesco is in Old Amersham.
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2019 at 11:34am
thanks
Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

Womble View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Womble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2019 at 7:31pm
My Dad worked there until the late 60's when he became ill. He would cycle from Chalfont St Peter to the factory and back every day come rain or shine. He was a butcher in the main part of the factory. In about 1970 ish He got me a job on saturdays in the shop at the front of the factory where worked out back cutting up the meat.
sauk View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sauk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 5:31pm
Brazil was the reason I became a vegetarian. To witness the wooden slatted lorries bringing screaming pigs along the London Road. To hear their screams before they were stunned and their throats cut, to see the blood running down the gullies outside Brazils was too much for me...

Ironically, Goya the perfume factory was next door.

Edited by sauk - 19 January 2021 at 5:40pm
sa
 Post Reply Post Reply