Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nest or Hive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nest or Hive
    Posted: 27 November 2018 at 5:34pm
Thinking of changing my thermostat and heating/hot water programmer. Looking at the Nest and the Hive, anyone got experience of either of them?
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 5:38pm
If you are thinking of changing the programmer, its certainly worth considering a 3 channel programmer with additional valve.  This will allow you seperate upstairs heating, downstairs heating and hot water circuits.
ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 6:43pm
It is probably work looking at the household control systems that are around which leave you with the opportunity of expanding from Heating & Hot**ter to other things as well. Remote controlled radiator TRVs, house/exterior lighting, door bell monitoring/answering, access control. It appears to have significantly developed since I installed a miGenie heating/hot**ter control a few years ago. I found a recent visit to  a 'Screwfix Live' event quite an eye opener as many of the manufacturers were there demonstrating their systems, didn't want to spend the money though!

It's brilliant to  to be able to switch the heating on when you're miles away.
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:10pm
I am a fan of the Drayton TRV4, fantastic piece of kit especially the version with the remote sensor.
 Post Reply Post Reply