Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need help to install more ram for my laptop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackmarch103 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help to install more ram for my laptop
    Posted: 08 July 2018 at 7:31am
hello, my laptop is a bit slow compared to my work needs. So I decided to add more ram to it. hmm i have an extra ram from my old laptop. I decided to install it but after reboot I did not see that ram in my laptop. I do not know how to do it. I need some help.
Sponsored Links

ArtB View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 4:32pm
It should be automatically recognised if it is compatible. Task Manager> Performance should show you.

If you are sure it is compatible, make sure you ground yourself, remove the replacement one (blow out the socket if you have an air source, or soft brush) and re-insert it (If you felt so inclined you could re-insert it in the old laptop and make sure it does actually still work), normally at  a 45 degree angle and them press it down until it clicks. 

If still a problem you may need to check the BIOS settings.

Google for help using the specific make/model, there may be help there if the above is of no use.

Art

Art
*** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem!
swej View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 5:14pm
The other point to remember is that if your laptop is 32-bit (x86) as opposed to 64-bit (x64) then your laptop will never see more than 4GB of memory regardless of how much you install. 64-bit architecture can use more than 4GB, but 32-bit is limited to under 4GB.
 Post Reply Post Reply