Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World cup in the Greyhound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World cup in the Greyhound
    Posted: 02 July 2018 at 11:20am
Has anyone been down the Greyhound for the England games? Is it absolutely rammed busy or still able to get a pint? Thinking of getting involved tomorrow....

It's coming home.
Sponsored Links

Sunray View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 12:04pm
I think you are better off going to The White Hart.
Sunray
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 5:13pm
It is coming home Rod, I will be watching it in a pub in sunny South Wales.

I personally don’t think the locals in the Hart will be able to handle the footie.  Also with the hound it is just a short stroll from the George should you wish to score yourself
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 5:16pm
also Rod, I think the hound will be more exciting if England do score and more accommodating if you get orgasmic (like I do) if England score.

In the Hart I think there may be all the excitement of a night out with Martin O’Neill
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 4:20pm
Looking to catch a bit of Love Island after the game too so any advice on which pub shows that would be appreciated.

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 3:32pm
Where did you get to see the football Rod????  The celebrations after the penatly shoot out must have been orgasmic!!
Rod View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 10:33pm
I actually went to Chalfont Cricket Club...they have 2 big screens...had a BBQ going...but with San Miguel at £3.50 a pint I cannot actually remember the closing stages of the game...

P.S. it's coming home
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 12:48am
I'm hoping football is coming home Rod but I am not a fan of the song by S&B to be really frank.   I just don't think they have tuned in to the passion of the average England fan.

I am prepared to throw my hat in the ring and say I much prefer one of the most underrated Football songs ever to have graced the earth which is in the link below. 

Pour youself a large Famous Grouse and sit back and submerge yourself  in this brillliance especially with the vocals of Keegan who really comes to the fore and on a good day would put Paul McCartney or John Lennon to shame.

Its not without flaw though, what really makes my blood boil though goddammit and I don't want to get wound up is the way that Glenn Hoddle doesn't take it seriously at all, he just chuckles the whole way through.  Seriously he needs to treat the anthem in the same way as big Lawrence Dallaglio at 47 seconds in this link:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VF-RF1Az_U

Cheers

Edited by MV Owner - 05 July 2018 at 12:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply