Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pajamas and dressing gown in Tescos!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 8:31pm
I believe this is the most socially relevant topic ever posted on the forum and deserves to be credited alongside others such as 'is it acceptable to have long loud conversations on mobile phones in public places such as trains or cafes?'
As a nation we seem to have dropped all consideration for others and become totally self-obsessed and selfish.
Sponsored Links

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 8:44pm
Richkid,

I'd agree.

When I am in a public place and about to take a phone call (someone calling me) I am extremely mindful of the people around me and how they are affected if I was then to be noisy.  Some people are quite happy to affect others be affected as "its a free country", I'd rather invconvienience myself by going somewhere private and have my conversation away from others and let them have their coffee in peace.

What I find extremely objectionable indeed is people being on their mobile phones in the 'quiet zone' on chiltern trains (which have a sticker saying no mobiles).  I have asked many people to respect the sign and all of them have agreed.

I would never in a million years though ask someone in a coffee shop being loud on a phone to lower their voice slightly

Edited by MV Owner - 04 April 2018 at 8:47pm
AlpinaB5 View Drop Down
Villager
Villager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlpinaB5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 11:29am
Indeed, standards have dropped so far that some people call Tesco Tescos or Tesco’s.
Rich Kid View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 2:33pm
You're so right AlpinaB5, standards have dropped so far that I actually saw someone pull out a Tesco bag in Waitrose the other day - what is the world coming to? It'll be a Co-Op bag in M&S Simply Food next! 
hissing sid View Drop Down
Chalfont Oldie
Chalfont Oldie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hissing sid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Rich Kid Rich Kid wrote:

You're so right AlpinaB5, standards have dropped so far that I actually saw someone pull out a Tesco bag in Waitrose the other day - what is the world coming to? It'll be a Co-Op bag in M&S Simply Food next! 

Hissing Sid

It's a free country, adopt whatever PC stance you want. Just don't tell me which stance I should take just because it clashes with your opinion.

MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 5:26pm
Well in Chalfont earlier I saw a woman with bright pink hair
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12