Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CSP Poppy Appeal Organiser Required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CSP Poppy Appeal Organiser Required
    Posted: 05 December 2017 at 5:55pm
Dear All,

After 4 years organising The Poppy Appeal I am standing down and reverting to being a 'standard volunteer' This years appeal has raised £12,400 within CSP and the total is still set to rise a little as payment for wreaths come in, a huge amount for a relatively small area. You may not realise it but each and every poppy for sale in the village has been placed there by a volunteer so without an organiser we would have no poppies for sale or distribution within the village. I feel incredibly proud to be a part of this fundraising and have met some amazing people in the process.

Our current volunteers have either already fulfilled the role or are unable now, mostly due to age or ill health, to take on the organisers role.

It requires somebody who is computer literate with basic word and excel skills and an understanding of how to order things on line. You also need to be organised and good with people and be able to make time between September and end November to run the appeal.

To be clear the Remembrance Day Parade is organised separately and I will continue to organise that but can no longer commit to both. Please do contact me if you are interested in taking it on and we can discuss the role and it's requirements in more detail. Please can you ask people you think may be interested and publicise the role in as many ways as you can for me. Thanks very much,
Emma.

Edited by EmmaO - 05 December 2017 at 6:35pm
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
Sponsored Links

Dave-R View Drop Down
Chalfont Star
Chalfont Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave-R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 4:08pm
£12,400+!!! Wow that's amazing, well done!
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 7:46pm
Thanks Dave, the team of volunteers are fanastic and cover all walks of life and as you know most of the shops and organisations have boxes too so it's a total village team effort. Last year the total was nearer £13,500 as was the year before but I suppose the pinch people are feeling in their pockets is trickling down, as you say £12,400 is amazing so we're still pleased
The artist formerly known as Bobblehead :)
MV Owner View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MV Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 7:51pm
well done indeed!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply