Forum Home Forum Home > General > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi All!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi All!
    Posted: 22 February 2017 at 10:16am
Hi All,

I'm another refugee from Streetlife - and very happy to be here!!

I hope to be able to contribute positively to the forum and help where I may with all aspects of Local Community Life.

A few brief details about me.  I'm a bit of a hybrid work wise. I'm ex BBC and NFTS trained but I started life on the other side of Camera as an Actor and amongst other things was in The Mousetrap in the west end ... for my sins, but enough of that.
I'm also qualified single and multi cam director but also practice the dark arts of IT having worked with an orchard based Fruit company for 4 years and used their products for over 20. I currently work between independently servicing and tutoring people in all things Apple but also as Independent Director. I sometimes am called back in to perform, but this is mainly in the comedy sphere of things.  So, I embrace both the Creative and Tech sides of life but I'm also a sport fiend too.....although mainly watching nowadays... anyway I've bored you and me enough! 

Good to be here!!

Guy Smile

Sponsored Links

No?DireStraits View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No?DireStraits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 7:23pm
hey Guy welcome, though careful using words like refugee, "immigrant" :)   even emigree. Some, not just a mr.Trump, etc might get the wrong idea :))
Re: N.F.T.S. and other (Village) FILM-CLUBS,
they never show anything starring the outstanding James (Jim) Caviezel, really epic films like Nature'sGraves aka LongWeekend, AngelEyes, HighwayMen.
It's a shame that this American Gent doesn't get the english vote

anyway, if you party too much :) and lose or break your keys, etc
give my relative IanGraham 1STOP Emergency-LOCKSMITH & Handyman a call 0785 383 9670 ( InviroSolutions ' mainTradesman) , to get you "out of trouble" or get you in, so to speak

Edited by No?DireStraits - 22 February 2017 at 7:29pm
Guyp View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 7:30pm
Hi No? DireStraits,  and thanks for the welcome 😉👍🏼! Hoping Mr Trump isn't on here as I don't think he'd like the constant mickey takes!! 
Will definitely keep you number re Keys and locks + so thank you! 
No?DireStraits View Drop Down
Local
Local

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No?DireStraits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Guyp Guyp wrote:

Hi No? DireStraits,  and thanks for the welcome 😉👍🏼! Hoping Mr Trump isn't on here as I don't think he'd like the constant mickey takes!! 
Will definitely keep you number re Keys and locks + so thank you! 

you are welcome for my welcome and for veryUseful info I gave you Re: Locks, BurglaryRepair, etc    ie   our Emergency help needed Urgently or not.
we'll consider your useful services too.

no wind-up or mickey-take here..
but are Presidential, CIA or Kremlin "hacked"Computers Safe?
SAFE As in I.T.   not Locksmithing :)   SAFE & Key

x, FLOrencia
Guyp View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 11:42am
All computers and routers have doorways if a hacker needs to gain access - Just some locks are harder to pick than others as you know - Linux and unix OSX's for example are harder than MS Dos with tech. 
A hacker needs to want to gain access though. Most are lazy and criminals just using phishing or phone call scams.

If you look at the movie "Snowden" ( It's good by the way and not a documentary - just a few bits of fiction) about Edward Snowden you'll realise how much surveillance can take place and that's just by our governments. 

As for Trump, he's using a total fabrication / distraction about hacking to cover up the other things he's doing. He's all "look over there" and don't watch this....

Best as ever!  

Post Reply Post Reply