Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Holy Cross Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pennington Road - Parking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Blobfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pennington Road - Parking
    Posted: 11 August 2016 at 8:29pm
Hi everyone, 

I am new to the forum but moved to Chalfont St Peter a few years back. It has gradually become a growing concern of myself and neighbours that the parking along Pennington Road is ridiculous now. Too many houses lack driveways and more and more are being extended to accommodate larger families and therefore more vehicles on the road.
Cars are parked all along the road and it's become so narrow and chicane like in places that larger vehicles struggle to get through and this affects delivery vehicles.

Does anyone know who to approach in the council for this so maybe ask if one of the grass verge edges could be removed, or both reduced in size a little to help ease the pressure off the road? Some of the roads round CSP are already wide enough and this doesnt seem to be a problem, but along Pennington Road its becoming hazardous and frustrating.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 11:31am
i am just down the road in the vale and have already tackled this issue with the parish council, - but to be fair  the parish council were great but its a transport for bucks and chiltern district issue....

the parish council  gave us leaflets to put of car windscreens asking them to be more considerate with their parking, - it also  highlights the need to allow space for HGV's or emergency vehicles to get through....

i contacted the district councillors directly and highlighted the plight of residents, - the local paper also ran a story on the issue, 

the feedback from them is to  report each issue  with Transport for bucks or the police - transport for bucks can only enforce the current parking regulations... so if you have cars on  yellow lines or up on the  verges  or parked on the tactile plates or parked on pavements then parking tickets can be enforced and issued...

if there are cars  causing a blockage or obstruction, where there are no current parking restrictions then you have to report to TVP on the 101 number... ( but dont hold your breath for police attending !!! )

we were told to document each issue , ideally with photos, recording date and time  and then present this as a ' dossier' to chiltern district and transport for bucks, 

i presented some instances with photos earlier this year at the parish council meeting ( where the district council were present along with reps from TVP )   ----- interestingly enough  70 % of the comments from the floor/ residents at the meeting were regarding traffic/ speeding and parking issues in the village,  poor parking is an issue  on the lower road, orchard grove, and around the residential roads by the new NSE housing development....so you are not alone

the TVP rep basically said every report is given a report number, only when these reports  reach a set level will resources look into these issues, there is not enough  local police officers to deal with it at present, - the police office  with community officers at the parish council offices is now closed, - our PCSO's are now working out of amersham and dont have a car, so its a copper on his bike !

so the advice was make yourself  ( and fellow residents ) a nuisance to the TVP and the council, this is the only way your plight will be escalated, 

the parish council  are powerless, its the higher authorities which need to act, - the instigation of new yellow lines etc is a long legal process and can take 2 years to implement...

the problem is only going to get worse when the contractors swarm into the village to build the new holy cross/ grove development, where will all the workers park their vans and cars ?

i will find the link to the local paper article as it has contact numbers for transport for bucks and stuff...

Edited by big baggles - 16 August 2016 at 11:39am
need a stella and i need one now !
big baggles View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2016 at 11:33am
need a stella and i need one now !
 Post Reply Post Reply