Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jolly Farmer Pub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chalfont Admin
Chalfont Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 9:22pm
I've uploaded a new Jolly Farmer Sandwich list - I've scanned it at a higher resolution so is quite a bit larger.  The menu itself was over A4 sized most peculiar. No idea what year it is - pre-1972 though.

Sponsored Links

Burny View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 8:32am
Many thanks Watsy for all the trouble you have taken. I have downloaded the re-scanned Sandwich list and it prints out so much better.
Kind regards
Burny
Mike
rbonzo View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbonzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2019 at 1:31pm
Hello I grew up in gerrards cross and moved there in the mid 50,s we used to go to the Jolly farmer a lot and Tom and Lucy were great friends of my parents. They were larger than life people one or both were Americans and they went around in a big american car. I remember the place was decked out in a grand style and it had currency from all around the world on the wall including the million pound note from the film of that name. it is funny what things we remember from our childhood. They were lovely people and GX was full of Americans at that time many of them looking back were probably spooks. my mother who was Austrian passed away recently at the age of 89 and had lived in the area till the day she passed away

Edited by rbonzo - 19 July 2019 at 1:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12