Forum Home Forum Home > Chalfont St Peter > News and Gossip
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

£3 min charge Station Rd GX car park

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: £3 min charge Station Rd GX car park
    Posted: 22 March 2013 at 5:35pm
Unless I am reading it wrong, it looks like the council are bringing in a £3 minimum charge on Station Road car park.

That will upset Waitrose who have been refunding the hour car park charge to customers.

Also will hit the shops in GX.

It doesn't state whether cars can stay over 4 hours, if not that will hit commuters.

Looks like there will be an empty car park.

Hopefully I am wrong and in trying to read a planning notice in a hail storm, misread it.
Sponsored Links

spandangled View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spandangled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 6:10pm
I just had a quick look on the south bucks council website as I use this car park every week and a £3 minimum would hurt my pocket.
It looks like they are just introducing a charge of £3 for parking up to 4 hours.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 6:40pm
Yes thats right spandangled and also at the one opposite m&s and at a few others locally I think.
Malc London View Drop Down
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 6:48pm
There is time to object. I am sure that Waitrose was granted planning permission as there was a car park. Unless there is one hour free, then it will hit the shops hard.

I already park in Tesco to use Waitrose and the pet shop but even that gets full.

EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 6:51pm
All the parking charges are staying as they are now I believe, they've just added an extra one to take it up to 4 hours parking as I think currently the limit is 3.
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 7:20pm
I don't think so. It's a charge for UP TO 4 hours.
EmmaO View Drop Down
Chalfontonian
Chalfontonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 7:32pm
You may be right Malc London, it does say supplementary to current parking orders, might be worth a call to clarify their intentions!
Chalfont Snapper
Chalfont Snapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malc London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 2:00pm
I have contacted South Bucks, and they say that the new 4 hour charge is in addition to current charges, so the 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours charges are still in force.

It didn't read that way but glad to have it clarified.

Smile

Post Reply Post Reply