Forum Home Forum Home > General > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted - Carp fishing gear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted - Carp fishing gear
    Posted: 12 August 2012 at 9:51am
I'm looking to take up carp fishing so am in the market for a complete setup - rods, reels, bite alarms etc. However, given my lifelong habit of getting bored with things very quickly, I don't want to splash out big money on new gear.

If you have carp fishing gear which is taking up space in your garage/loft and you want rid of it, then I'm your man. I will happily pay the going rate.

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links

oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2012 at 3:09pm
no, keeping mine, took years to build, good luck, which water are you starting with?
stop HS2.
Tristopia View Drop Down
Sandbox
Sandbox

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 8:12am
My first "proper" carp fishing experience will be at the Orchid Lakes in Oxford-a trip with old school mates which is the catalyst for needing equipment. However, I intend to head to Batchworth Lake in Rickmansworth for some practice. I have read a few magazines and there is much more to carp fishing than the float/ledger style fishing that I have used in the past!

Where do you fish? I prefer the idea of day ticket venues but get the impression that most venues around here are syndicates. Is that true?
oldchris View Drop Down
Chalfont Oracle
Chalfont Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Tristopia Tristopia wrote:

My first "proper" carp fishing experience will be at the Orchid Lakes in Oxford-a trip with old school mates which is the catalyst for needing equipment. However, I intend to head to Batchworth Lake in Rickmansworth for some practice. I have read a few magazines and there is much more to carp fishing than the float/ledger style fishing that I have used in the past!

Where do you fish? I prefer the idea of day ticket venues but get the impression that most venues around here are syndicates. Is that true?

not really, you can get season tickets, join uxbridge rovers if you want to fish batchworth, some are dead mans shoes like savay and the fisheries in west hyde.
i have just about done every water round here in the last 25 years.
be careful of farlows, it's not hard but tackle thefts are not uncommon.
plenty of choice, have a google about.

Edited by oldchris - 14 August 2012 at 12:42pm
stop HS2.
 Post Reply Post Reply